ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Savings and Income requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yasir152
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Savings and Income requirement

Post by yasir152 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi

I will be applying for ILR in a few months and had a question about income and savings. I currently have £35,000 in savings which I've had for 8 months now and and am self-employed with an income of about £10,000 from last financial year. My partner also works and has annual salary of £11,000. She has been in this job for two years. I understand that cash savings and self-employment income can't be combined but if I declare all three will it be okay to be on safe side?
i.e £35,000 cash savings satisfies £34,600 requirement
£10,000 self employment income + £11,000 partner income satisfies £18,600 income

Will this be okay?

wootme
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Savings and Income requirement

Post by wootme » Fri May 14, 2021 3:58 pm

I'm applying using savings too and I'm pretty sure it's only £34,600 required for ILR stage. I won't be declaring any income even though I'm employed and earn above the minimum. I did the same for FLR (savings had to be £62,500 I think at the time)

yasir152
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yasir152 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:12 pm

wootme wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:58 pm
I'm applying using savings too and I'm pretty sure it's only £34,600 required for ILR stage. I won't be declaring any income even though I'm employed and earn above the minimum. I did the same for FLR (savings had to be £62,500 I think at the time)
Thanks, so if I decide to only show savings, they wouldn't investigate where this came from and would only look at bank statements? I thought to be safe I add the income as well so they know how I am saving.

wootme
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wootme » Sat May 15, 2021 12:17 pm

yasir152 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:12 pm
wootme wrote:
Thanks, so if I decide to only show savings, they wouldn't investigate where this came from and would only look at bank statements? I thought to be safe I add the income as well so they know how I am saving.
I've used savings routes for initial visa and FLR. Both times you I had to attach a letter stating the source of the savings. For us it was just "savings accumulated through our years of work". We also attached the 6 month bank statements.

I didn't have any issues either time but when I did FLR I paid for same day decision (whatever it was called then) and it did take about 2 months to hear back from them. No problems during initial visa though.

yasir152
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yasir152 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:03 pm

wootme wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:17 pm
yasir152 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:12 pm
wootme wrote:
I've used savings routes for initial visa and FLR. Both times you I had to attach a letter stating the source of the savings. For us it was just "savings accumulated through our years of work". We also attached the 6 month bank statements.

I didn't have any issues either time but when I did FLR I paid for same day decision (whatever it was called then) and it did take about 2 months to hear back from them. No problems during initial visa though.
Thanks for confirming. Ill do this as well then.