ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax office reference number - changed employer (British citizenship- naturalisation)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kam9092
Newly Registered
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Tax office reference number - changed employer (British citizenship- naturalisation)

Post by Kam9092 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:34 am

Hello all,

I am applying for British citizenship (naturalisation) after holding ILR for more than a year.

I changed my employer in June 2020. Therefore, I don't have a P60 form with my PAYE/Tax office reference number. Before June 2020, I had worked for a company for 6+ years and I have all the payslips from that company. I am wondering if I should put the Tax office reference number from those previous payslips, or is there a way to find out the current employer reference. Does anyone have experience with similar situations?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Tax office reference number - changed employer (British citizenship- naturalisation)

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:50 am

Contact the HR/Payroll department of the company, they should be able to provide that reference number. It's unique to the company.
Alternatively you could state "not known". It's not something the will impact negatively, bearing in mind you provide your NI number as well which is the key to all your tax/NI data.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

teddybear79

Re: Tax office reference number - changed employer (British citizenship- naturalisation)

Post by teddybear79 » Mon May 17, 2021 10:05 am

Hi sorry to hijack the post , I am a company director on PAYE in tax office reference I have entered my self assessment reference number is this correct

Kam9092
Newly Registered
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Post by Kam9092 » Mon May 17, 2021 10:11 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:50 am
Contact the HR/Payroll department of the company, they should be able to provide that reference number. It's unique to the company.
Alternatively you could state "not known". It's not something the will impact negatively, bearing in mind you provide your NI number as well which is the key to all your tax/NI data.
Thank you for very useful advice, I'll do that!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 17, 2021 10:48 am

teddybear79 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:05 am
Hi sorry to hijack the post , I am a company director on PAYE in tax office reference I have entered my self assessment reference number is this correct
I suppose that should be ok if you don't have a PAYE reference.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.