ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help regarding divorce

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajju
Newly Registered

help regarding divorce

Post by ajju » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:59 am

hi, got married last year, unfortunately it didn't work, but my wife is on dependent visa is not ready to leave me, says i cann't do anything as she is on dependent visa and not ready for divorce,

now next month her visa is expiring, but she doesn' t want to go to home country ,

don't know what to do,

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:08 am

There is a nice simple way of dealing with the immigration side. Inform UKBA that you no longer support her spouse visa and will not be supporting any future applications. That will stop any extention or grant of ILR based on the spouse visa.

As for the divorce side - that is a different matter. See a family lawyer.

ajju
Newly Registered

hi

Post by ajju » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:09 pm

thanks for advice, you mean i just have write a letter to home office, and her dependent visa will be cancelled

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:20 pm

The fact that your wife is not willing to leave you,or be away from you suggests to me that she might still love and live with you. Are you sure you can not make up?.

Just imagine what she is going through. How would you feel, if she did that to you.??

If you are adamant to go ahead with it, then seek advice from solicitor,but be prepared if it gets messy

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:42 pm

They will not cancel the visa or are very unlikely to do so. Too much time and trouble. What will happen is they will not extend, renew or grant ILR based on the marriage no longer subsisting. That way she in effect becomes an overstayer and should go home.

I agree with the other post - why are you so sure the relationship is over?

ajju
Newly Registered

help regarding divorce

Post by ajju » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:14 am

thanks alot for help, unfortunately relationship is over, for last 4 months we haven't even spoken though we live in same house, have been having arguments for 9 out of 10 months together, it has been traumatic for me as it must have been for her, i think sometime we need to accept and let it go

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:33 pm

These talks may help
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jude

Post by jude » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:00 am

Frontier , YOU MUST BE VERY FOOLISH TO ASK HIM TO WRITE TO BE HO ABOUT NOT LIVING OR SUPPORTING THE WIFE , WHAT NHAPPENED IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY ROUND . U DO NOT PUT PEOPLE LIFE OR FUTURE IN DANGER.
hallo

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:20 pm

jude wrote:Frontier , YOU MUST BE VERY FOOLISH TO ASK HIM TO WRITE TO BE HO ABOUT NOT LIVING OR SUPPORTING THE WIFE , WHAT NHAPPENED IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY ROUND . U DO NOT PUT PEOPLE LIFE OR FUTURE IN DANGER.
IF he is writing the truth, there is nothing wrong with it. He is not putting her in danger. Sometimes life is difficult.

arshadh141
BANNED

Post by arshadh141 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:02 pm

republique wrote:
jude wrote:Frontier , YOU MUST BE VERY FOOLISH TO ASK HIM TO WRITE TO BE HO ABOUT NOT LIVING OR SUPPORTING THE WIFE , WHAT NHAPPENED IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY ROUND . U DO NOT PUT PEOPLE LIFE OR FUTURE IN DANGER.
IF he is writing the truth, there is nothing wrong with it. He is not putting her in danger. Sometimes life is difficult.
hi
i 100% agree with Jude..we shoud not guide people wrong thinks.
this forum is to help people...not to talk to their private life..
let assume if he wrote a letter to home office that he is not sponsoring his wife and after few days he has some agreement with his wife....home office will doubt their relationship and refuse their application for ILR so whole their family life would be disturbed..

we should not advise people wrong things...we should postively advise them as we can

reagrds

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:07 pm

arshadh141 wrote:
hi
let assume if he wrote a letter to home office that he is not sponsoring his wife and after few days he has some agreement with his wife....home office will doubt their relationship and refuse their application for ILR so whole their family life would be disturbed..

we should not advise people wrong things...we should postively advise them as we can

reagrds
And again, if that scenario happened, then all he has to do is to write they have reconciled. thus there is no basis for him to not inform the HO of the current obligation. It is not wrong advice.
IN fact, he is obligated to inform the HO of the change, thus this has nothing to do with not intruding in other people's lives or positively advising them.
Last edited by republique on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:33 am

arshadh141 wrote:
republique wrote:
hi

reagrds
This forum is not about giving sugar coated "good" news to people - it is about doing the right thing. The OP asked a question and got the correct answer. If things change along the way then he can write again to UKBA and set out the new circumstances.

To be blunt the number of times I see a non EEA spouse "did not work out" story with the "do not tell the Home Office as it stops them from staying here" quote is sickening. THEY SHOULD NOT BE STAYING HERE IF THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO SO. And then you get the inevitable story of domestic violence about five minutes after they are found out they should not be here. What it all actually achieves is an increasingly negative view on marriages from certain countries. This forum is full of PAK marriages going down the pan and the fallout arising from that. Is it any wonder with comments of "don't tell the HO that the marriage has failed" that there is a healthy dose of scepticism about PAK marriages. Are they all about true love or getting someone into the UK? You can not tell me there are not enough PAK decedents in the UK to meet the demands for partners?

Getting married to an UK cit is not a ticket to a future of milk and honey, regardless of the failure of the marriage in the first two years. If the marriage fails, they should go home end of. The OP should be applauded for doing the right thing.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:23 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
arshadh141 wrote:
republique wrote:
hi

reagrds
This forum is not about giving sugar coated "good" news to people - it is about doing the right thing. The OP asked a question and got the correct answer. If things change along the way then he can write again to UKBA and set out the new circumstances.

To be blunt the number of times I see a non EEA spouse "did not work out" story with the "do not tell the Home Office as it stops them from staying here" quote is sickening. THEY SHOULD NOT BE STAYING HERE IF THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO SO. And then you get the inevitable story of domestic violence about five minutes after they are found out they should not be here. What it all actually achieves is an increasingly negative view on marriages from certain countries. This forum is full of PAK marriages going down the pan and the fallout arising from that. Is it any wonder with comments of "don't tell the HO that the marriage has failed" that there is a healthy dose of scepticism about PAK marriages. Are they all about true love or getting someone into the UK? You can not tell me there are not enough PAK decedents in the UK to meet the demands for partners?

Getting married to an UK cit is not a ticket to a future of milk and honey, regardless of the failure of the marriage in the first two years. If the marriage fails, they should go home end of. The OP should be applauded for doing the right thing.
Also I've noticed a trend of Indians/Pakistanis married to Poles/Latvians/Romanians etc, always stuck me as odd bedfellows, given that most of the former Eastern Bloc is endemically dearly beloved.

Then follows the inevitable divorce/separation and the when-can-I-apply-for-my-PR questions....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:49 am

Frontier Mole wrote: This forum is not about giving sugar coated "good" news to people - it is about doing the right thing. The OP asked a question and got the correct answer. If things change along the way then he can write again to UKBA and set out the new circumstances.

To be blunt the number of times I see a non EEA spouse "did not work out" story with the "do not tell the Home Office as it stops them from staying here" quote is sickening. THEY SHOULD NOT BE STAYING HERE IF THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO SO. ...
This forum is full of PAK marriages going down the pan and the fallout arising from that. Is it any wonder ... that there is a healthy dose of scepticism about PAK marriages. Are they all about true love or getting someone into the UK? ...
If the marriage fails, they should go home end of. The OP should be applauded for doing the right thing.
I completely agree with Frontier Mole. People come on here sobbing when their spouse's or fiance's visa gets rejected and I silently or not so silently think, "Thank God." because it probably was a sham marriage anyway and they would be on the board in a couple months time whining about their failed marriage.

However ABSOLUTELY, if the relationship no longer exists, the sponsor is obligated to inform the HO about the situation and there is no honor and no need to be a martyr by not informing the HO. It is the HO's decision, they provided the permit and it is up to them to decide if they want someone to remain in their country.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Wanderer wrote:Also I've noticed a trend of Indians/Pakistanis married to Poles/Latvians/Romanians etc, always stuck me as odd bedfellows, given that most of the former Eastern Bloc is endemically dearly beloved.

Then follows the inevitable divorce/separation and the when-can-I-apply-for-my-PR questions....
I find your opinion that most Eastern Europeans are endemically dearly beloved to be a dearly beloved statment :shock:

arshadh141
BANNED

Post by arshadh141 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:37 pm

archigabe wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Also I've noticed a trend of Indians/Pakistanis married to Poles/Latvians/Romanians etc, always stuck me as odd bedfellows, given that most of the former Eastern Bloc is endemically dearly beloved.

I find your opinion that most Eastern Europeans are endemically dearly beloved to be a dearly beloved statment :shock:
hi Frontier Mole and Wanderer
Sorry I dont agree with you...question is not just giving advice negative or postive...nor talking about pak marraiages...
If we can guide people is right direction what is problem in it..
I am not saying report HO or not if your marraige fails...I am saying we should have all consequence of advice in our mind when we advice someone....Blind advice is no solution.....
we shoud look both side of pictures..
If I ask what is Divorce Rate is Uk you will forget Pak Sham Marriages and start thinging about English Marriages..

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:48 pm

arshadh141 wrote: If I ask what is Divorce Rate is Uk you will forget Pak Sham Marriages and start thinging about English Marriages..
The divorce rate is irrelevant because the English Marriages didn't need to be sponsored by a visa.
If you want to compare apples to apples then I suggest you find the same issues for people immigrating to Pakistan (ie sham marriages involving English people who need a spouse visa in Pakistan)

ran

Post by ran » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi,

F mole, rep and wanderer....

I agree with u that sham marriages for visa is a big issue and a much exploited one, especially from some countries and agree with rep... that u should compare apples to apples.... i also agree that u shouldn't beat abt the bush and call spade a spade.

But b4 condemning most Pak/Indian marriages as sham (as per f mole's post) and making sweeping statements - most eastern eurpoeans are endemically dearly beloved please take a moment to think through what u r saying and how it represents u.....
i have to say by ur own standards (i have come across ur very useful and helpful advice, to many people on many occasions in the past in this forum) the above statements r a bit over the top and def very conservative if not dearly beloved.

Regards,
ran

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:26 pm

ran wrote:Hi,

F mole, rep and wanderer....

I agree with u that sham marriages for visa is a big issue and a much exploited one, especially from some countries and agree with rep... that u should compare apples to apples.... i also agree that u shouldn't beat abt the bush and call spade a spade.

But b4 condemning most Pak/Indian marriages as sham (as per f mole's post) and making sweeping statements - most eastern eurpoeans are endemically dearly beloved please take a moment to think through what u r saying and how it represents u.....
i have to say by ur own standards (i have come across ur very useful and helpful advice, to many people on many occasions in the past in this forum) the above statements r a bit over the top and def very conservative if not dearly beloved.

Regards,
ran
I think you need to modify your post to not include me in the so called dearly beloved statement as my comments are not even the close to dearly beloved or even provocative in this thread

ran

Post by ran » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi rep,

I do not think so - please check ur post Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:49 am, first paragraph!

Regards,
ran

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:24 pm

Ran I don't think Republique can be accused of beloved...he hasn't even mentioned a race in the paragraph you refer to! :roll:

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:39 pm

ran wrote:Hi rep,

I do not think so - please check ur post Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:49 am, first paragraph!

Regards,
ran
Nope not a drop.

arshadh141
BANNED

Post by arshadh141 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Regards,
ran
Hi
I do agree that we should compare apple with apple.I agree with Ran with this statement.
My point was Sham marraiges are everywhere not just in PAk or India...That way I said what is divorce rate in Uk...
My point was about good advice not about sham marrages or statements.
I like Fronter Mole and his often read his post..

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:08 pm

arshadh141 wrote:

Regards,
ran
Hi
I do agree that we should compare apple with apple.I agree with Ran with this statement.
My point was Sham marraiges are everywhere not just in PAk or India...That way I said what is divorce rate in Uk...
In any case, it is still good advice to inform the HO when the relationship has ended because that is the sponsors obligation. Full Stop.
Irrelevant that you agree because I still dispute that there was any beloved engendered in my comment. I think you guys are a bit too sensitive and looking for problems where it doesn't exist.

arshadh141
BANNED

Post by arshadh141 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:26 pm

republique wrote:
arshadh141 wrote:

Regards,
ran
Hi
In any case, it is still good advice to inform the HO when the relationship has ended because that is the sponsors obligation. Full Stop.
Irrelevant that you agree because I still dispute that there was any beloved engendered in my comment. I think you guys are a bit too sensitive and looking for problems where it doesn't exist.

hi
I am not senstive....what you believe or agree is not my problem