ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP - what date are they up to?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nw
Newly Registered

Post by nw » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:50 am

niw2,

It's probably worth giving HO a call, as I found out yesterday that my HSMP has been approved!! Woohoo!! Except they didn't get my fax to arrange a courier so probably wont get it till next week now :(

Best of luck!!

FLO

Post by FLO » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:58 pm

From all I have read in this forum concerning HSMP EC, I think you to include all documents submitted for your HSMP. You don't loose anything doing it.[/quote]

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:38 pm

FLO wrote:From all I have read in this forum concerning HSMP EC, I think you to include all documents submitted for your HSMP. You don't loose anything doing it.
Wrong. Only some BHC offices require all the documents. The general rule appears to be that all HSMP documents do not need to be re-submitted for EC but some BHCs insist.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:49 pm

I got my HSMP approval letter today. I am from New Zealand. It was received by the Home Office on 26 May 2008. Approval received by me 4 October 2008.

Amusingly, my partner's application was declined. Why is that amusing? Because the caseworker thought her wage slips were photocopied (they werent, they are originals, just printed on black and white letterhead) so he declined her application because they werent stamped and signed! Even more entertaining is that she didnt even need to provide her wage slips because she provided 3 other pieces of evidence (and an exceptional evidence request) to confirm her previous income! So if she hadnt provided any wage slips, her application would have been approved! Anyway, she is applying for EC as my dependent so her HSMP application wasnt needed.

If anyone is still waiting for theirs to be processed, consider whether the same thing could happen to you.

morrie
Newly Registered

Post by morrie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:33 am

you should take that to fair go!!!

MarkNZ
Newly Registered

Post by MarkNZ » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:17 pm

MarkNZ wrote:Going in for my biometric appoitment tomorrow morning. I received my HSMP approval letter late last week.
According to the British embassy here in Wellington it is currently taking 20 to 30 working days to process the application. Ill let you know how long it takes me.
Cheers
Mark
Just an update for you Niw2, i received my passport via courier this morning with my visa in it. So to cap off:

Biometric's on 16th Septmeber
Couriered application to WLG on 16th Sept
Application received by embassy 17th Sept
Email from Embassy confirming EC approval 7th Oct
Passport returned via courier 8th Oct

Ive booked a flight for the 27th Oct, i start work on the 3rd of Nov.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:48 am

Good job, mate, there is another NZer around here who's application took 2 months and 5 days! Their website says theyre taking between 5 and 12 weeks. We shall see.

Now Im doing the 'did I sign my application before I sent it?' thing.

Stimo
Newly Registered

Post by Stimo » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:26 am

23 June!
It's my day