ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Understanding SAR Trace

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iyadsalti
United Kingdom

Understanding SAR Trace

Post by iyadsalti » Wed May 19, 2021 9:44 am

Apologies for creating a new topic, but I think asking this question under wrong heading is misleading. So a new post with correct heading.
-------
Hello friends,

I have a question please. I have done my wife's and my Home Office SAR before applying for BC. In my wife's file it showed that there is a "Persons Alert". When reading the details of it (very short paragraph), the date is actually the same date when my wife applied for a DBS (as she is a teacher), and it seemed to me that DBS department are asking Home Office if they have any "Trace", and the DBS department stated the reason for their request as a "Status Check", in response Home Office said "Trace: Yes", and they provided to DBS her immigration status.

BTW, we did a police SAR as well and all came "No Trace", and her DBS was clear obviously.

Is this something to be worried about? can/should we do anything in advance, or a cover letter?

Thank you!