ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Jobs In Australia

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kktooz
Newly Registered

IT Jobs In Australia

Post by kktooz » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:45 am

Hi,

Can anybody share the experience of finding a IT job in australia? Generally how difficult to get a job once you migrated there?

Thanks

miky1979
Newly Registered

Post by miky1979 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:05 am

Hi,

Well let me share my experience with you. I arrived in Australia on Feb 13 and got a contract job on 28 Feb, worked there till end of April, then got a permanent position in May. Overall, the IT job market is pretty good, however, it all depends on your skill set.

Approach I took was that I got an Australian phone number through Skype, got it diverted to my mobile in India and then floated my CV on seek.com.au. I got a lot of calls and even had 3 interviews arranged for myself before coming over here.

If you are on PR then you have the same opportunities as an Australian born citizen. The keyword again is your IT skillset and English.

Cheers,

kktooz
Newly Registered

Post by kktooz » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:31 am

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I am still in the begining stage of immigration process, I have just started to think about the immigration, I dont know how long will it take. Currently I have a stable job in US (which I know is stable for atleast another 3-4 years). I am wondering if migratiting to australia is worth the risk.

As far as my skill sets,
Primary skill set : Asp.net, C# , Sql Server
Secondary skill set : SSIS, DTS

Thanks Again

abhelle
Newly Registered

Post by abhelle » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:39 am

Hi!Im kinda new here.I've been looking for forums like this and finally I landed here. My family is thinking of migrating to Australia or London.Hubby is an IT while I have a small icafe here in Phil. I wonder if its all worthy to start all over again in either of the two countries. I learned that IT careers in both countries pay well.Kindly enlighten me here.First if we should eye for Aust or UK?We have a 2 yr old daughter and we hope we can support a family in either of the two country.Ciao!

natwarlal
Newly Registered

Post by natwarlal » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:58 am

hi abhelle, having lived in both of the countries (uk & oz) i would pick australia with my eyes closed. there is no comparison between the 2. U.K is a 3rd world country compared to australia.
plus british aren't the best of the ppl.

abhelle
Newly Registered

Post by abhelle » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:12 am

Thanks alot for your inputs.

vix95
Newly Registered

Jobs in IT

Post by vix95 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:10 am

Hi Natwar, Dont really agree.. wrt to availability of IT jobs.
In Australia, it's hell lot difficult to get IT job than UK.

argh
Newly Registered

Post by argh » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:13 am

Hi,
I am also wondering this same thing. I have a stable job in the US as a systems administrator for a small company, and would love to move abroad to either UK or Australia. Considering I didnt quite qualify for the UK point system, but did for Australia, it looks like Australia is the one.

I'm just wondering if it's worth the risk of leaving my job to find one in Australia, especially with the world's financial and job markets the way they are. I assumed since it was easier to qualify for Australia, that maybe their job market was a little better.

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

BiG-GuNs
Newly Registered

Post by BiG-GuNs » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:00 am

things have certainly slowed down in Australia however, up until about three weeks ago I probably would of said it's worth the gamble... I'm not so sure now... likewise I was considering a stint in the UK/EU/CA ... with the AUD dropping from 98c to now 64c... its seriously limiting any movements...

I work in Queensland (considered a booming state along with WA) for a top four Bank and I had previously seen a lot of our technology jobs on our intramet, but this has slowly dried up. The Banks' run a financial year of Oct to Dec and we've just started a new year and I still haven't seen an influx of jobs being offered which you'd assume would happen given the new budgets etc... perhaps this is a sign of things to come :(

good luck mate

aiyna
Newly Registered

Post by aiyna » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:27 am

Australian, New Zealand Engineering Job Site for Job Seekers, recruiters and employers involved in the Engineering, Oil & Gas, Exploration, IT, Mining, Petrochemical, Building and Construction, Civil Engineering, Transport and Logistics and Telecommunications sectors.
---------------
Aiyna

Online Dating