ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marraige Cetificate for EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rex

Marraige Cetificate for EC

Post by Rex » Sun May 08, 2005 10:13 am

Dear All

For EC for my spouse I have to send to embassy the Original Marriage Certificate(as per recent post) but unfornately I lost my original certificate while preparing docs for HSMP.

I have its attested copy, attested translation.

Please suggest is it enough or I register my marraige again and submit original certificate.

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 08, 2005 12:29 pm

Rex, you do not give any clue about in which country the marriage was registered, so it is difficult to answer your question.

Isn't it just a question of getting in touch with the registering authority and getting another copy from them? For example, here in the UK, technically, all we ever get is a copy of the entry in the marriage register. It makes no difference as regards proving that the marriage exists, whether that copy was issued on the day that the marriage was registered, or years later.
John

Rex

Post by Rex » Sun May 08, 2005 7:46 pm

I am from Pakistan.

We register our marraiges in mosques and the marraige certificate is stamped and returned.

I have attested certificate and attested translation of it?

Now I hope you can help me.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 08, 2005 8:32 pm

So Rex, is it possible to get another copy of the Marriage Certificate from the Mosque where the marriage was registered?

Or is there a central Government Registry that has copies of all the records from which you can get a copy?
John

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon May 09, 2005 8:52 am

I think better is to register it again to get the original cert.
I think i can do this showing a copy.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 09, 2005 9:09 am

Far be it to comment upon Pakistani marriage law, but is that possible? It certainly would not be possible in the UK. Why? Simply because to get married in the UK you have to be, well, unmarried! But you and your wife are married both married already!

Any other readers of this from Pakistan? How should Rex proceed here? Can't he get a new marriage certificate for his existing marriage?
John

ShoaibJaved

marraige certificate

Post by ShoaibJaved » Mon May 09, 2005 9:55 am

You may not have to submitt the original marraige certificate to the BHC, Get the copy attested by the Notary Public and submitt it along with the translation.

For the lost marraige certificate, I don't know how to get another certificate from the authorities but as there are more than one copies (atleast two, one for the couple and one for bride's parents) given after registration of the marraige, try to get hold of copy provided to the bride's parents.