ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address change after application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pikapika
Peru

Address change after application

Post by Pikapika » Fri May 21, 2021 2:07 pm

Dear community members,
I have a question re what do I have to do re notification of HO if I am to move out from my current address? I applied a month ago but decided that I want to move out from my place cos of work commute inconvenience.
Do I need to notify HO? If so, whats the best way?
Technically I can ask my landlord to pass the letter to me after I move out, but I suspect I MUST notify HO that I am changing my address..?

Thank you!!

Pikapika
Peru

Re: Address change after application

Post by Pikapika » Sat May 22, 2021 9:59 am

CULLINAN has suggested royal mail redirection service in a similar topic, so does this mean I dont need to notify the ho?
Thansk!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat May 22, 2021 10:25 am

Mail redirection is certainly something you should consider > check with Royal Mail.
Address change is always important to be communicated.
You could send an email to this address : NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
giving details including application reference, and providing the correct information.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 22, 2021 2:37 pm

You need to notify change of address on the gov website:
https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

However, note, there are many cases reported where HO has failed to update the address and still sent the official correspondence to the old address.

You should keep a contact at the old address in case correspondence is sent there (likely). Also keep a check on your email/junk folder.

If your correspondence is sent to the old address but you have moved council, the best will be to get access to the old address and attend your ceremony with the old council. Changing the council in case your correspondence is sent to the old address will be a VERY lengthy process.

You should also send HO an email and use Royal Mail Redirection service (as @alterhase58 suggested), however, RM redirection service can not be trusted with official correspondence. So best is to keep a regular contact at your old address also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Pikapika
Peru

Post by Pikapika » Mon May 24, 2021 9:48 am

Thank you so much for the advice, guys!!!! :D