ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship or passport Renewal

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mkarne
Newly Registered
India

British citizenship or passport Renewal

Post by Mkarne » Fri May 21, 2021 9:57 pm

Hi All, Hope you all doing good and Staying safe.

Please need the advice to renew or not my Daughter Indian passport

My daughter is born in India and her passport is expired in April 2021. She is eligible for naturalization (as a UK British citizenship) in August 2021. where she is on ILR Visa from 14th August 2020.

Is it okay to apply for naturalization (British citizenship) for my daughter where she eligible in August 2021 without renewing OR Do I need to renew my daughter's Indian passport and then apply for naturalization (British citizenship).

Note: I am(father) still in the process of applying British Citizen currently on ILR from 2019.

Advance thank you
Mk

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British citizenship or passport Renewal

Post by CULLINAN » Fri May 21, 2021 10:05 pm

How old is your daughter?

What is mother’s immigration status?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mkarne
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mkarne » Fri May 21, 2021 10:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:05 pm
How old is your daughter?
5 years

What is mother’s immigration status?
ILR Visa

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 22, 2021 12:00 am

No need to renew the Indian Passport as long you do not plan to travel with your daughter and she has a valid ILR BRP for identification. Choose the correct option when you fill the MN1 form for passport expiry. The checklist will ask about the expired passport copy. Submit that along with the documents.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mkarne
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mkarne » Sun May 23, 2021 9:39 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 12:00 am
No need to renew the Indian Passport as long you do not plan to travel with your daughter and she has a valid ILR BRP for identification. Choose the correct option when you fill the MN1 form for passport expiry. The checklist will ask about the expired passport copy. Submit that along with the documents.
Ok, I can apply for British citizenship without renewing the daughter's Indian passport.
what is the MN1 form?
thanks,
Mk

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 23, 2021 1:37 pm

Mkarne wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:39 am
what is the MN1 form?
Children aren't naturalised, they are registered as British citizens. The requirements to register a child as a British citizen are different to naturalisation as an adult.

Form MN1 is the form to register a non-British child under the age of 18 as a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.