ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa requirement to hire EU aupair

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joe1210
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa requirement to hire EU aupair

Post by joe1210 » Sun May 23, 2021 12:41 pm

Dear all,

I am looking into hiring an EU aupair, as they are just able to fly after July 2021, do you know what kind of Visa would they need to come to the UK?

Thank you

secret.simon

Re: Visa requirement to hire EU aupair

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 23, 2021 12:57 pm

Employing someone to work in your home
Hiring an au pair

You can hire an au pair if they:
  • are from the UK or Ireland
Keep in mind that if they arrive in the UK without one of the visas specified above, they are on a visit visa and are ineligible to work in the UK. Both they and you may be open to fines or other punishments for illegal working.

The paperwork for their being able to work in the UK needs to be sorted out before they arrive in the UK, not after. Also, they cannot switch to another visa from a visit visa. They'd need to leave the UK to apply for one of the visas listed above and then reenter with the new visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun May 23, 2021 2:34 pm

An expensive additional option would be for you to obtain a sponsor licence and then the au pair could apply for a skilled worker visa under occupation code 6122. You would need to pay the au par a minimum wage of £10.10 per hour.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

joe1210
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by joe1210 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:56 pm

Do you know what we need to do to obtain that license? Thank you

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:36 am

joe1210 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:41 pm
I am looking into hiring an EU aupair, as they are just able to fly after July 2021
Just to point out that after Brexit there is no special provision for hiring EU nationals outside of the EU Settlement Scheme (for which anyone who has not already resident in the UK before December 2020 is not eligible).

This means the process is the same if you hire a EU au pair or a non-EU au pair, and therefore, this post does not belong into the EEA route Applications section. Can a moderator please move it to the appropriate category?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.