ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Passport Application Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tempuser202020
Newly Registered
India

UK Passport Application Queries

Post by tempuser202020 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:34 pm

Hi,

I am about to apply for my first UK passport and have the following queries before I submit my documents (i.e. Naturalization certificate and the original existing un-cancelled passport) to the HM passport office.

I have realized that the HM office in my city is as close to my home as the post office (both are walking distance).

1) In such a case, can I walk-in to HM passport office and submit my documents?

2) If yes, do I need to take an appointment or can I just walk-in? Do they give me a receipt of the letter?

3) If not, which postal service do you recommend?

4) Just to be double sure that I am playing safe with my documents, which envelope (normal white ones or the silver secure royal mail envelope) do you suggest to post the documents in?

Apologies if my questions seems silly and are bothering you.

Many Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: UK Passport Application Queries

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 23, 2021 7:07 pm

Use Royal Mail Special Delivery. Use a hard “no-fold envelope.” HMPO does not deal with in person walk-in postal service for first adult passports. You may call the HMPO helpline and confirm though or just check with HMPO in person first if you live close.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tempuser202020
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK Passport Application Queries

Post by tempuser202020 » Sun May 23, 2021 11:15 pm

Thank you so much CULLINAN for a prompt reply. As always, you have been very helpful and kind. God bless you. Thanks.