ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Current Processing Time

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hoxemagic
Newly Registered

Post by hoxemagic » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Could anyone tell me where can I request for change of address after applying (like the case of Presario below)?

Also, I used a bank statement dated 08th September for my application posted on 06 October. Should it be just fine as it still lie within 1 month? Otherwise should I send them my recent bank statement?

Really appreciate your help!!! Cheers :D
presario wrote: I have applied for PSW as well and sent my documents on 31 July 2008 and fee deducted on 4th of Aug and then they sent me a lettre on 8th of aug. Unfortunately i have to change my address due to some reasons on 13th of Aug and fill change of address form and sent to Home office on the say day. Now it is 10th of Sep 2008 and i am still waiting for it.

lichinto
Newly Registered

Post by lichinto » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Now its 10 weeks,

still waiting for the decision of the application. Still no thing send back yet, part from the referrence number.

Been phone the Home Office to find out what happen, but the staff in Home Office say, it can takes up to 14 weeks to process and been told to ring back after 14 weeks if there is still no reply or anything send back.

lichinto
Newly Registered

Post by lichinto » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:03 pm

Good News.

My GF finally got her application and passport back! it been gainted 2 years to stay. :)

We been waitings for 10 weeks for it to come back, and just find out today, the Home Office have post back the application and passport few weeks ago, but they sended to the wrong address.

(Only get notice by the old student accomendation today that there is a letter waiting for ages to pick up.)

anyway so happy that it finally receive it, even though abit puzzle why it post to old address, because we 100% put down the contact address to me be my home address, due to my gf have to move out to looks for apartment, due to she finish her study in uni.

Anyway, if anyone still waiting for their application to post back, ensure to check the other address, because HO may confuse and send to a different address rather than the one you provide as contact address.

prash123
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Visa Approval Phase

Post by prash123 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi All,

Can any one please tell me that when should I expect my documents back as I have sent my application on 27/08 and received a letter dated 28/08.

prash123 wrote:First of all congratulations to you for getting PSW visa.

Now the strange thing is I had posted my application on the same day as of you that is on 27/08/2008 and received a letter from UKBA confirming that they have received my application and the payment has been processed (as I have paid by Postal order) on 28/08/2008.

But till date no updates on it ...

I would guess PO are processed faster than Card payments or cheque payments.
RealGenuine wrote:I just wanted to add some information to this thread. Here are the phases my application went through:

Date............- Action
27/08/2008 - Application sent via Recorded Delivery
28/08/2008 - Application pack received at UKBA
02/09/2008 - Payment processed and application fee taken out of bank account (paid by cheque)
01/10/2008 - Received my approved visa back from UKBA

Hence, overall my application took 4 working weeks to be processed and arrive back. But in total, it took 5 working weeks for the complete process (including processing payment).

Therefore, if anyone has paid by Credit/Debit card, it should take less time. I hope this helps.

hoxemagic
Newly Registered

Post by hoxemagic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:39 pm

Could anyone kindly answer my question please? Thank you very very much indeed. I really need an answer right now.
hoxemagic wrote:Could anyone tell me where can I request for change of address after applying (like the case of Presario below)?

Also, I used a bank statement dated 08th September for my application posted on 06 October. Should it be just fine as it still lie within 1 month? Otherwise should I send them my recent bank statement?

Really appreciate your help!!! Cheers :D
presario wrote: I have applied for PSW as well and sent my documents on 31 July 2008 and fee deducted on 4th of Aug and then they sent me a lettre on 8th of aug. Unfortunately i have to change my address due to some reasons on 13th of Aug and fill change of address form and sent to Home office on the say day. Now it is 10th of Sep 2008 and i am still waiting for it.

spam
Newly Registered

Processing times

Post by spam » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi

My boyfriend has recently applied for the PSW and the money was taken out of the account on the 20th Sep and we received the ref number on the 22nd Sep, we are getting worried because the uni told us it would only take 4 weeks max & we stupidly believed them and booked a flight back to the US to visit his parents at the end of this month. The end of this week will be the fourth week. Has anyone else applied round this time and still waiting as we are not sure wether to call the HO and plead with them to hurry it up (doubt it will work but worth a try) and wondered if anyone had got theirs back yet? I am probably getting worried before i should, but you all know how it is!

saqib389

Re: PSW Visa Approval Phase

Post by saqib389 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:30 am

Any Response from HO ? did you call there ?

prash123 wrote:Hi All,

Can any one please tell me that when should I expect my documents back as I have sent my application on 27/08 and received a letter dated 28/08.

[/quote]

ehmadz
Newly Registered

Post by ehmadz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:47 am

Hi All,

My wife is planning to apply as my dependant from India in the PSW Teir 1 (Dependant) category; My question is whether she can show the maintenance funds of £1600 in her own account or is it mandatory for me to send my UK bank statements of £1600?

I would be grateful if someone could answer to my query.

Ehmad

apat
Newly Registered

Post by apat » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:45 am

If she is applying as your dependent then maintanance fund should be in her sponsor's bank account. i dont know if anyone other than you can be her sponsor from india or not.

It is best if the funds are in your UK based account and you send the statements from here.

Hope this is helpful !!!

Best of luck for her Visa mate..

ff
Newly Registered

processing time

Post by ff » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:15 pm

has anyone received their passports back with approved leave to remain under PSW during the past week? If so, how long has it taken in total?

Jessica
Newly Registered

Post by Jessica » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Application posted: 2nd Oct
Payment processed: 3rd Oct
Ref received: 5th Oct (letter dated 3rd Oct)
Outcome: still waiting

my friend sent hers in 2nd week of sept and received her passport together with her visa in exactly 4 weeks

ff
Newly Registered

Post by ff » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:01 pm

jessica,
my dates are exactly the same as yours, have not received it either. perhaps it is a busy month for HO.
please let me know once you have heard anything from HO.
ff

Jessica
Newly Registered

Post by Jessica » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:17 pm

i definitely will let you know... usually students's visa expire in october so i guess everyone must have sent their passports at beginning of october and they have a heavy workload

ff
Newly Registered

Post by ff » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Jessica, I have got mine today. The timelines as follows:

Sent: 1 Oct
Acknowledgement letter dated: 3 Oct
Passport returned with PSW visa: 13 Nov.

Around 6 weeks in total.

Good luck with yours.

Jessica
Newly Registered

Post by Jessica » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:20 am

thx 4 letting me know! you must be relieved! i'm still waiting :(

sweets480
Newly Registered

got PSW

Post by sweets480 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:54 am

Hello Members,

I have been watching this forum for over a month now, on behalf of my husband, who got his PSW yesterday.

His visa timelines are as follows:
Type:Initial
Submission:3rd Oct
Fee sent as Postal Order
Got ref number in second week of Oct
Visa stamped: 20th Oct
Received passport: 18th Nov
Documents submitted: Passport, Letter from uni giving all the details mentioned in HO website, 3 months bank statements showing closing balance of 800GBP, congregation letter, passport photos

But there has been a mistake by the HO, they sent his passport to the university post room, rather than to the correspondence address given in the application form! This has happened because he mentioned in the application form that he was staying in uni residences. Its been over 7 weeks since he first submitted his application and we were tensed about the decision of HO. We got the idea of enquiring at all his previous addresses, just in case. Finally we found out that his passport had arrived at uni post rm a week before and has been there uncollected since then!

So we thought it might help other members who have been waiting more than 6 weeks to just check at any other addresses they may have mentioned in the application form.

Thanks for all the moral support and help this forum has provided!

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Quite a nice forum on here and wish I found this a lot earlier. I'll be posting my time-line pretty soon...anyone here sent in their application at the end of October?
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

mali
Newly Registered

psw

Post by mali » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi Guys,

Finally, i got my PSW visa !

Application Posted: 31 October 2008
Application Recd by HO: 03 November 2008
Got Ref number by post: 7 November 2008
Passport recieved : 28 November 2008
(visa issued: 25 November 2008)

Documents Submitted:

Passport, Letter from Uni, 1 month bank statement (because i applied before 31 October), police registration

I feel lucky that i got my visa within 4 weeks.
Guys, just read the guidelines carefully. Do all the things stated in the guidelines. Call home office before submiting, if you have any question they will answer you. For example, this bank statement is important.

Good luck evey1, hope the best...

sash1
Newly Registered

Processing time...

Post by sash1 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:56 am

Hi all!

I just wanted to enquire if anyone knew approx how long it takes a PSW visa take to get processed?

Application posted: 03 Nov 2008
Application delivered: 04 Nov 2008
Application fee debited from bank: 14 Nov 2008
Application confirmation letter received: 17 Nov 2008
Passport received: Not Yet!

Documents submitted:
Passport, Letter from University, 3 Month Bank Statements, Letter from Bank/Building Society.
I could not submit my degree certificate with my application, even though i had graduated, as i had not received my certificate from university at the time. But as per the guidelines one needs to get that specified in the letter from university, which i made sure i did.

Guys read the guidelines very carefully when filling your application, sometimes the UK Border Agency Helpline does not give you correct information as i and many others discovered! They told me i could not apply if i did not have a degree certificate even though i had graduated! Later i read the guidelines and it specifically is mentioned that one can apply in those cumstances. Also spoke to some agencies and they all told me that the helpline has often in the past given out wrong info so its nothing new....So carefully reading the guidelines is the safest bet and call them after that if things still arn't clear.

I have however not heard from the home office since receiving the confirmation letter so hoping its going well.

Another thing i wanted to ask if anyone knew, my current students visa expires on the 30 of December 2008. What if i don't get my passport back by then? LOL...will i be an illegal immigrant in this country then?!!

Best of Luck all you guys who are also waiting for their applications to come through. Hope it all goes well.

farzu23
Newly Registered

Hello everyone.

Post by farzu23 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:24 pm

I have sent my PSW application on the 30th October and the HO recieved it on the 31st October. its been 4 weeks and we didn't yet recieved our passports back.

i am a bit tensed for this. one of my friend applied on the 1st Spetember and got the passports back in 3 weeks. we applied from the same college.

we sent passports (2), original certificates and letters from college, bank statement with letter confirmong the balance signed by the bank manager on original bank's letterhead,

if any of you have sent the passports on the same day please let me know. i can't bare the tension any more.

A

PSW Times vary.

Post by A » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:48 pm

EVERYONE - The time to process PSW visas vary completely from case to case. It is totally random and inconsistent! My housemate's only took 2 weeks in total. I waited 3 months. Another friend of mine applied about 2 months ago and still has heard nothing, so the times vary completely and it is impossible to say how long it will take.

Regards,
A.

S_hope
Newly Registered

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by S_hope » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:53 pm

farzu23 wrote:I have sent my PSW application on the 30th October and the HO recieved it on the 31st October. its been 4 weeks and we didn't yet recieved our passports back.

i am a bit tensed for this. one of my friend applied on the 1st Spetember and got the passports back in 3 weeks. we applied from the same college.

we sent passports (2), original certificates and letters from college, bank statement with letter confirmong the balance signed by the bank manager on original bank's letterhead,

if any of you have sent the passports on the same day please let me know. i can't bare the tension any more.
Hi Farzu23
Im extacly in the same situation as you. Can you please tell me which college and course? My friend applied from same college as me and he got within 3 weeks. I think they taking time for PGD /PG certificate courses. Awaiting your reply.

A

PGD/certificates taking awhile longer.

Post by A » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:06 pm

S_hope:
I agree with you. I think they probably are taking their time with PGD/certificate courses. Note I got a rejection last week which claimed I did not provide evidence that my PGD course was a level 7. Be very careful of this because in fact it does not say anywhere in the Immigration Rules nor in the Policy Guidance that evidence that a course is level 7 must be provided. Yes, it says confirmation that it's equivalent to or above bachelor degree must be provided but it doesn't specifically say level 7, yet they are now claiming with my application that they require this. I do now have this new evidence and am undergoing an appeal process but just be wary of this if that sent in a PGD/certificate application and if it doesn't have the wording "level 7" in your application then it is possible you will get rejected, like I did.

A.

farzu23
Newly Registered

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by farzu23 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:09 pm

S_hope wrote: Hi Farzu23
Im extacly in the same situation as you. Can you please tell me which college and course? My friend applied from same college as me and he got within 3 weeks. I think they taking time for PGD /PG certificate courses. Awaiting your reply.
Hi,

I applied from British institute of technology and e-commerce.
my friend applied from the same place and the same course. Also he sent 4 passports and we only sent 2. i am confused and tensed.

farzu23
Newly Registered

Re: PGD/certificates taking awhile longer.

Post by farzu23 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:14 pm

A wrote:S_hope:
I agree with you. I think they probably are taking their time with PGD/certificate courses. Note I got a rejection last week which claimed I did not provide evidence that my PGD course was a level 7. Be very careful of this because in fact it does not say anywhere in the Immigration Rules nor in the Policy Guidance that evidence that a course is level 7 must be provided. Yes, it says confirmation that it's equivalent to or above bachelor degree must be provided but it doesn't specifically say level 7, yet they are now claiming with my application that they require this. I do now have this new evidence and am undergoing an appeal process but just be wary of this if that sent in a PGD/certificate application and if it doesn't have the wording "level 7" in your application then it is possible you will get rejected, like I did.

A.
hi,

In My certificate and college letters it says 'Level 7' every where. My course is post graduation diploma in business administration.
another of my friend is waiting for 7 weeks now. they should give a exact date or time. passports are very important to everyone. how many of you have send a self addressed next day delivery recorded envelope with your application?
Last edited by farzu23 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.