ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stolen passport with ILR stamp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NaaNaa90

Stolen passport with ILR stamp

Post by NaaNaa90 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:48 am

Hello
Pakistani passport is missing and it was stamped with ILR.
What are the options available without having to apply for NTL BRP?

Can an ILR confirmation be requested from the Home Office etc?
Please let me know. Thank you

secret.simon

Re: Stolen passport with ILR stamp

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 25, 2021 11:51 am

NaaNaa90 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 11:48 am
Can an ILR confirmation be requested from the Home Office etc?
Applying for an ILR confirmation is the same as making an NTL transfer request. And ILR is no longer stamped into a passport but issued as a BRP. Therefore one ends up with making an NTL BRP application anyway.

Why do you not want to apply for an NTL BRP?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:03 pm

We need something sooner, to apply for housing as the person in question is currently homeless due to domestic abuse. And it states it can take up to 6 months for BRP.

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:09 pm

Because there are no other forms of ID available, for a BRP application, what documents can we include instead?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 25, 2021 1:11 pm

NaaNaa90 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:09 pm
Because there are no other forms of ID available, for a BRP application, what documents can we include instead?
Have they not applied for a replacement passport with their country's embassy/consulate already?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Tue May 25, 2021 3:14 pm

Yes but it’s going to take at least 6 weeks. Just want to know if anyone else has applied for BRP without photo identification and just letters from social services and police reference numbers to explain situation. If so, would it be necessary to have a solicitor complete application form due to not having the standard evidence normally required?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 26, 2021 12:18 pm

NaaNaa90 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:14 pm
Yes but it’s going to take at least 6 weeks. Just want to know if anyone else has applied for BRP without photo identification and just letters from social services and police reference numbers to explain situation. If so, would it be necessary to have a solicitor complete application form due to not having the standard evidence normally required?
No it is not possible to apply without a passport. There is no need for solicitors to help as a BRP application is not an immigration application. BRP will take up to 6 months. For housing, a right to rent check can be done without a BRP
https://www.gov.uk/check-tenant-right-t ... w-to-check
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice