ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 28 days minus 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tedta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR - Tier 2 (General) - 2311

Post by tedta » Sun May 23, 2021 10:08 pm

Dear all,

I have been sponsored under Tier 2 (General) for occupational code 2311 Higher education teaching professionals since 2017 and I am in the process of applying for ILR soon. I have not changed my sponsor nor my job ever since.

I noticed there has been some changes in salary thresholds. I am earning around £39k at 36.5 hrs/week. The ongoing rate for 2311 as of now is £40700 at 39 hrs/week. My understanding is that the above figure should be pro-rata and so 40700÷39 * 36.5 = £38091. Therefore, my salary is above £25600 and also 38091 which it means I meet the salary requirement. In the guideline below, there has been a clause explaining the conditions that occupational code 2311 can be paid less but the sentences are abit ambiguous.

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... neral-visa

I also noticed in paragraph 14.5(c) a transitional arrangement, the ongoing rate is much lower than the above figures and for 2311 is in the region of £33k as of now at 40hrs/week - which needs to be pro-rata. In either case, my understanding is that I meet the salary requirement. In my understanding the transitional arrangement in this clause is valid for existing visa holders that will apply to settle until December 2026.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... led-worker

As there seem to be a certain level of ambiguity within these documents, I would like to have some advice on whether my understanding is correct and that given my circumstances I can meet the salary requirement for ILR?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Tier 2 (General) - 2311

Post by zimba » Mon May 24, 2021 11:13 am

Your understanding is correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tedta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR - date and employer letters

Post by tedta » Tue May 25, 2021 11:16 pm

Dear all,

I will apply for my ILR through 5-year route (Tier 2 [General]) by the end of this year and I have few questions summarised below and would be thankful if you can advise me.

1. I have been sponsored under Tier 2 (General) by the same employer.
A- Date of issue of leave to remain on BRP: 16/12/2016
B- Date of validity of visa sticker on passport: 25/12/2016
C- I came to the UK on 04/1/2017.
D- I started to work on 9/01/2017 (as per my offer letter).
E- The leave to remain on BRP is valid until 22/01/2022.

From which date I have to count 28 days for 5 year continuous residence before I can apply for ILR? A or B or C or D or E?

(2) I understand I have to provide two letters to support ILR application from my employer:

a. support letter from employer. What does my employer need to include on this letter? I couldn't find a template for this online nor in guideline document from Home office.

b. a letter confirming the absences approved by my employer. Are these absences referring to the time I was outside the UK on bussiness trips and/or annual leave or it should include all my annual leaves even when in the UK? Is there any template for this?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR - date and employer letters

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 26, 2021 2:34 am

1) You can use your initial BRP issue date as the starting date.

2)
indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 67381.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tedta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

English requirement ILR

Post by tedta » Thu May 27, 2021 1:38 am

Dear all,
Sorry for the wordy question.

When I applied for my Tier 2 (visa) in December 2016, I have applied for visa and nationality service through UK NARIC and was given two statements: "Academic Qualification Level Statement" and "English Language Proficiency Statement". I applied for my visa using these two docs to meet English requirement and was successful.

The sentences in each statement were as follows:
Qualification Level: Your qualification is considered comparable to British Doctor of Philosophy degree (PhD) standard.
English language level: The level of English language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1.

Questions:
1. I understand that now UK NARIC is called ECCTIS. Do I need to use thier service again or the ones I have are sufficient to meet the English requirement for ILR 5-year route?

2. On the government website, it says the degree must be "equivalent" to a UK degree. But my evaluation statement said it is "comparable". I have seen many examples online that used the same terminology as mine - "comparable". What do you advise? Would it be a problem you think?

Thank you.

tedta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: English requirement ILR

Post by tedta » Thu May 27, 2021 2:02 am

I did abit of more research and it seems the words "comparable" and "equivalent" can be or at least have been used interchangeably in the English literature. So perhaps I am overthinking but really need your opinion and advice please - for both questions.

tedta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR 28 days minus 5 years

Post by tedta » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:27 pm

Dear all,

I will apply for my ILR through 5-year route (Tier 2 [General]) by the end of this year and I have few questions summarised below and would be thankful if you can advise me.

I'd like to start completing the online application soon.

Question 1. I'd like to submit my application on 9/12/2021 counting 28 days from 4/01/2017 which is around 26 days earlier than 5 years qualifying period. Is that ok?

Question 2. Assuming I'd like to submit the ILR application on 9/12/2021. Can this day be the date of BRP appointment or 28 days minus 5 years doesn't include BRP appointment. Meaning I can include the BRP appointment within the 28 days minus 5 years so 9/12/2021 includes my BRP appointment.

Question 3. In online application, it says "which category you'd like to apply for ILR under" and it has "Skilled worker, Tier 2 and Sportsperson" when I choose that then in the next option it only has "skilled worker" not Tier 2. Is that ok if I choose "Skilled worker" option? I read some information online and they all say skilled worker is technically replaced Tier 2.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 28 days minus 5 years

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:42 am

tedta wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:27 pm
Dear all,

I'd like to start completing the online application soon.

Question 1. I'd like to submit my application on 9/12/2021 counting 28 days from 4/01/2017 which is around 26 days earlier than 5 years qualifying period. Is that ok? Yes

Question 2. Assuming I'd like to submit the ILR application on 9/12/2021. Can this day be the date of BRP appointment or 28 days minus 5 years doesn't include BRP appointment. Meaning I can include the BRP appointment within the 28 days minus 5 years so 9/12/2021 includes my BRP appointment. [align=center]Does not, you biometrics appointment will be after submission of application. Submit your application and choose appointment, you should be alright.
[/align]
Question 3. In online application, it says "which category you'd like to apply for ILR under" and it has "Skilled worker, Tier 2 and Sportsperson" when I choose that then in the next option it only has "skilled worker" not Tier 2. Is that ok if I choose "Skilled worker" option? I read some information online and they all say skilled worker is technically replaced Tier 2. Correct SW it is now.