ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) form for Dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaimala123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SET (O) form for Dependents

Post by kaimala123 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:16 pm

Hi Team,

My queries below

1) I am applying for ILR as the dependent of my wife who came here on a tier 2 general visa.
However she is now ILR (from 2019). I started filling up the application only to find that it is directing to SET(O) - I was assuming it will be SET(M).

2) I have a visa(BRP card) that is not cut and send to the UKVI (It is only coz of Corona as my last visa extension was March 2020 and we all know what happened since then). Does that affect the eligibility or something or is it just a standard procedure to remove the card? I am planning to do it this week anyway, just worried whether it affects my application

Thanks,
KM

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: SET (O) form for Dependents

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 23, 2021 11:36 pm

1) Assuming your wife got her ILR via the Tier 2G route and not Long Residence, you will apply on SET(O).
2) No issue.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kaimala123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kaimala123 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:48 am

Thank you CULLINAN

I have another query. My degree was taught in English however I am unable to get a letter from the Uni in my home country due to all this lockdowns. Have filled in My English language section like below

Do you have a degree that was taught in English? Yes
Does your degree meet English Language requirements? NO (As I am unable to get the letter from UNI, I cannot prove that).

However with these details filled in; in the final list of docs, UKVI is asking for a NARIC letter as well. If I give a NO, NARIC letter is not in the list.
MY worry is...if I say NO to first question, won't it be regarded as withholding information as my Degree was taught in English although I cant prove it?

Please Help

Thanks,
KM

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 24, 2021 12:41 pm

You can not rely on your degree to fulfil the English requirements without NARIC etc. You will need to select NO for English degree. UKVI is only interested how you fulfil the English Requirements as per the UK immigration system.
You need to take an approved B1 SELT English test from an approved centre to fulfil the mandatory English Requirements.
Also you need to pass Life in UK.

For example:
https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... SE-grade-5
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kaimala123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kaimala123 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:59 pm

hi CULLINAN,

Many thanks for the details.
I have done both LIUK and English, so it was a relief to read your reply.
Much appreciated,

Thanks,
KM

kaimala123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kaimala123 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:07 pm

hi Team,

As mentioned earlier, I had extended my visa in March 2020, and have a query in the following section of application
Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
Does this include any absences where i was away after 11th Jan 2018 or after March 2020- which was the time when my leave was granted?

Kindly help

Thanks,
KM

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 26, 2021 10:48 pm

After March 2020.

kaimala123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kaimala123 » Thu May 27, 2021 8:42 am

HI CULLINAN,

Thank you. Sorry what I meant was about this subsequent question.

Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018?

Does this mean any absences after 11 January 2018 or absences after I got my current leave (which is March 2020)

Thanks,
KM

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 27, 2021 10:59 am

Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
Isn't it obvious ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kaimala123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kaimala123 » Thu May 27, 2021 12:48 pm

Dear Zimba,

Yes, I felt it will be for any absence during any leave granted since Jan 2018, however I saw the below post and got confused. There, the mention is that, it is for any absences since 2018 Jan

indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-o-form-q ... 75881.html

Hence the query
PS: I appreciate your help in answering our queries, for years I have referred this forum for all my clarifications.

Thanks,
KM

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 27, 2021 1:36 pm

I do not see how the thread you posted causes confusion. The advice given is the same there
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kaimala123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kaimala123 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:44 pm

Sure Zimba.
Thank you :)