ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa for Child (legal guardian)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rumise
United Kingdom

UK visa for Child (legal guardian)

Post by rumise » Thu May 27, 2021 12:00 pm

Hi guys,

I got two nieces age 15 and 9 and I would like to bring them here in UK from Pakistan to live with me. My sister and her husband both passed away back in 2018 since than my mother was looking after them and I was supporting then financial but last month my mother passed away and now I am become their legal guardian. I can’t adopt them as Pakistani law doesn’t permit. I got all certificates from relevant authorities and all their legal documents show me as their legal guardian. I am British and I would like to bring them over here as there is no one in Pakistan really to look after them.

Can you guys please advise me what I should do and what visa type I can apply?

Many Thanks

vinny

Re: UK visa for Child (legal guardian)

Post by vinny » Thu May 27, 2021 2:38 pm

They may apply, with you as their relative, under 297, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rumise
United Kingdom

Re: UK visa for Child (legal guardian)

Post by rumise » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:42 pm

Thank you Vinny,

Just completed all relevant documents like passport, Ids etc and now I would like to apply for visa application but I am confused what type of visa I need to apply? is it VAF4A or I have to apply for family visa? I become British Citizen in 2017.

Many thanks