ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal + First Passport for New born outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ranarehan
United Kingdom

Renewal + First Passport for New born outside UK

Post by ranarehan » Thu May 27, 2021 9:17 pm

I am a British citizen (via Naturalisation) and my wife is also British (via Naturalisation). We have a 4 years old daughter who was born in the UK. She got her first British passport in the UK which is expiring in September this year. We are currently living in Pakistan since January 2020. There is a new addition to our family, a baby boy, born 2 month ago. I am looking to renew my daughter's passport and get the first British passport for the new born, from Pakistan.

Regarding list of supporting documents, after reading the guidance, I am thinking of following documents:

For renewal of my child passport:
============================
1) 2 Photographs of child
2) Current British Passport (with colour photocopies of every page)
3) NICOP (National ID card for overseas Pakistanis)
4) School Report

Question 1: Does renewal application require British passports of mum & dad, and/or the naturalisation certificates? I am thinking to do both applications once so if there is no clash of documents then it will be easier.

For first British passport application of new born:
==========================================
1) 2 Photographs of child
2) NICOPs (National ID card for overseas Pakistanis) of mum & dad
3) Mum's antenatal records (scan reports, doctor visits etc)
4) Hospital record (discharge slip, birth certificate and bill)
5) Parents' Naturalisation certificates
6) Parents' marriage certificate
7) Parents' British passports
8) 2-3 family pictures with the new child

Question 2: Is this document list complete or am I missing anything important?

Question 3: As I am in Pakistan so I am assuming that I will find a local eligible person (with Pakistani nationality) as countersignatory. Would that be acceptable?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Renewal + First Passport for New born outside UK

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 27, 2021 10:59 pm

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

The documents checklist should give you a list of documents and next steps to follow. Note, British passport application abroad can take 6 months to 1 year.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ranarehan
United Kingdom

Post by ranarehan » Fri May 28, 2021 9:54 pm

Thanks for replying. I have already went through this link and the guidance. I am looking for a second opinion on my understanding of the required list of documents and eligible countersignatory person in my case. Also applying renewal and first passport application of two children at same time is not mentioned in the guidance.

If someone has been in a similar situation then sharing you experience will help me and might save time.

ranarehan
United Kingdom

Post by ranarehan » Sun May 30, 2021 8:56 pm

Can someone please help who has been in similar situation or knows what is needed?

HCJNL
United Kingdom

Post by HCJNL » Mon May 31, 2021 3:07 pm

If you start making the application online you will see the exact list of documents you have to provide. This is far and away the easiest way. The online system is very good, and the list of documents will be tailored to your circumstances. You see this list before actually submitting your application, so you can stop before you submit if you wish.

ranarehan
United Kingdom

Post by ranarehan » Mon May 31, 2021 7:25 pm

Don't think I can apply online, can I?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 31, 2021 7:44 pm

Yes you can apply online OR you can use the paper form you get at the post office. It is your choice how you choose to apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ranarehan
United Kingdom

Post by ranarehan » Mon May 31, 2021 8:35 pm

Sorry if I am missing something. When I enter my details for renewing or applying for a first child passport outside of UK then I am given this link https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/ove ... d/pakistan which stats: "You must apply in person."

HCJNL
United Kingdom

Post by HCJNL » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:48 pm

I applied online a few days ago, from The Netherlands, for a first child passport for my 10 year old son, via
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
I was asked questions, including providing a reference for confirming the identity of my son, uploaded a photo, told which documents I had to send, and where (in my case: registration certificate, birth certificate, full copy of son's Polish passport) and made the payment.
I am waiting for my son's passport. But so far everything has been very straightforward.
The first question was: Where do you live? Maybe applications made from Pakistan are treated differently to those made from The Netherlands?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:17 pm

I believe there may be different document and procedure requirements depending on country of residency.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ranarehan
United Kingdom

Post by ranarehan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:15 pm

Yeah, I think application process and required documents are little different when applying from Pakistan. Thats why I am seeking guidance on this forum.

@HCJNL, Did you get someone living in Netherlands to countersign the application?

HCJNL
United Kingdom

Post by HCJNL » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:56 am

I used a British Citizen, resident in the UK, to confirm identity. This person was also one of the referees for my son's citizenship application.
Applying online from the Netherlands, I was informed I would have had to send a copy of the passport of any non-UK passport holder who was confirming identity. So using a British citizen simplifies things.
My son is aged 10 and has visited the UK frequently so it was straightforward to to find a British citizen who is appropriately qualified and knew my son sufficiently well to be able to identify him.
I've looked again at the online application, by the way. It is the country where you live which triggers the requirement to fill in a paper form, not your child's place of birth.

ranarehan
United Kingdom

Post by ranarehan » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:47 pm

HCJNL wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:56 am
Applying online from the Netherlands, I was informed I would have had to send a copy of the passport of any non-UK passport holder who was confirming identity. So using a British citizen simplifies things.
Did you have you send your original passport in support of renewal application of your son?
HCJNL wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:56 am
I've looked again at the online application, by the way. It is the country where you live which triggers the requirement to fill in a paper form, not your child's place of birth.
Yeah, currently I am selecting "Pakistan" as the country I am living.

HCJNL
United Kingdom

Post by HCJNL » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:21 pm

For my son's registration (application 3/10/2020) I had to send a full copy of my British passport, and the original of my son's Polish passport.
For his first passport (application 28/5/2021) I had to send a full copy of son's Polish passport. They did not ask for my passport.

ranarehan
United Kingdom

Post by ranarehan » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:41 pm

Thanks HCJCNL!

Can someone who applied from Pakistan share their experience?