ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Damaged Naturalisation Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vin05
Newly Registered

Damaged Naturalisation Certificate

Post by vin05 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:37 pm

Hello

I applied for my Son Nationalisation in November and I got the certificate in March. But the certificate came slightly damaged in post. There was a tear on the certificate but none of the information is lost its was just on the side of the certificate.

I called Helpline on the same day they asked me to take a picture and send it to Further Nationality Enquiry which I did. Now it been 15 days I dint hear any thing from them.

I called the helpline again and now they are saying I have to apply for a duplicate certificate which will cost me £250.

I don't know what to do, Can you someone please suggest?

vinny

Re: Damaged Naturalisation Certificate

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:44 pm

See also Lost or damaged documents. Probably similar applies?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:53 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

waltmaj
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by waltmaj » Thu May 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Hi just curious to see if you managed to get a duplicate certificate, and also how long was the process as im in the same predicament.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 27, 2021 11:02 pm

waltmaj wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:17 pm
Hi just curious to see if you managed to get a duplicate certificate, and also how long was the process as im in the same predicament.

Thanks
british-citizenship/naturalisation-cert ... 10985.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.