ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kay9292
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Accommodation for spouse visa

Post by Kay9292 » Fri May 28, 2021 4:03 pm

Hi guys,

I am in process of applying my husbands spouse visa. I am currently living with my cousin sister and her husband, 2 children under the age of 5. She is happy to provide us to stay there. The house consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 living rooms and one bathroom.
I am going to provide these documents to meet the accommodation requirement. I don't pay any rent or have any bills to my name there.
Letter to state we can live there signed by cousin and her husband
Title register (have got copy from the land registery)
Council tax
Utility bill
Housing inspection report
Letter from mortgage lender to state payments are up to date? (would this be required)
Do we need to provide passport copies for everyone living at the address?
Do we need to provide proof of how we are related?

I am applying through immigration solicitors but I just want to check if this would be sufficient. And what if the utility bills and council tax bill is not on my cousins name as husband takes care of these?

Many thanks.

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Accommodation for spouse visa

Post by wahi66 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:41 pm

I assume your spouse is going to join you from outside the UK...
In my opinion, you should sign a lodger contract with your cousins and agree a rent to be payable on it including all bills. and a letter stating that your landlord has no objection if your husband comes to stay with you. this will save you lots of explanation.

Kay9292
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Kay9292 » Sat May 29, 2021 9:38 am

wahi66 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 5:41 pm
I assume your spouse is going to join you from outside the UK...
In my opinion, you should sign a lodger contract with your cousins and agree a rent to be payable on it including all bills. and a letter stating that your landlord has no objection if your husband comes to stay with you. this will save you lots of explanation.
She owns her home, and i do pay towards some of the costs, just nothing in official writing. And my spouse is due to join me from Pakistan. I dont understand why I need a lodger contract or if me paying rent matters, seeing as she has agreed for us to stay there rent free.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 29, 2021 9:46 am

You do NOT need a lodger agreement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.