ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SureShot

Maintenance funds.

Post by SureShot » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Hi fellow boarders...

Have a few doubts about the application procedure, searched the boards but couldnt find the relevent answers.

I have just deposited a sum of 3 lacs into my ICICI savings account from my citibank salary account. (transaction dated 7th-oct-2008)

the previous balance in the ICICI account was 5000 only for a period of 4 years.

Will there be any issues because of this.
1) A sudden deposit of whole 2800 GBP amount.
2) Account not in operation for a long time - the last transaction on the ICICI account was in apr-2006.
3) Should i use my citibank salary account for showing the evidence.

hope some experienced boarders can throw some light on this, it would indeed be a great help.

- V

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:55 pm

why are you transferring funds from citi to icici ?

if i were u i would show only citi for maintenance and salary.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance funds.

Post by Jedi001 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:49 pm

SureShot wrote:Will there be any issues because of this.

3) Should i use my citibank salary account for showing the evidence.

- V
I am planning to apply end of this year and I am using my salary account for Previous Earning & Maintenance fund. Using only one bank account makes life easier for Case Worker. It will be straight forward request rather than making it complicated by depositing the money in some other bank account which is not in use from past couple of years or so. My advice would be to use the Citi Bank account to show Previous Earning & Maintenance fund. Still the decision is yours. :-)

I am just being curious here, Why you want to transfer the money from Citi to ICICI bank? - If you dont want to answer, please feel free

Regards

Jedi001

SureShot

Post by SureShot » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:17 am

Jedi001 wrote: I am just being curious here, Why you want to transfer the money from Citi to ICICI bank? - If you dont want to answer, please feel free

Regards

Jedi001
Thanks for the reply, Have heard that citibank does not issue letters to confirm the maintenance funds. Besides, i have had to take a loan to amass sufficient funds. so thought it would be better to show them from another account.

Regards,
V

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:07 am

Thanks for the reply, Have heard that citibank does not issue letters to confirm the maintenance funds.

I think you should speak to them rather than listening to what other people have told you. Even I have a CITI bank account and I am sure I will be able to get all that done. They just need a little push...like you can tell them that you will close your account with Citi....I dont think they will say NO after that.

Anyways what i did was I called Citi Bank today (11th Oct 2008 - just to confirm) and after I explained them what I need they told me that it is POSSIBLE for them to provide me a letter for Maintenance Fund. We just have to walk-in to any citi bank branch office and explain it to the Branch Manager who will issue the letter from Bank side. Even I have asked customer care to put the phone discussion in my account (Notes section), so that if I call next time they should be able to see that someone from Citi has given me confirmation that they can give the letter for Maintenance fund. By the way I am from Bangalore.

I hope this helps.
Besides, i have had to take a loan to amass sufficient funds. so thought it would be better to show them from another account.

Regards,
V
For this part I think I cannt say much as I also thought about taking a Personal loan for MF however I felt that it might give a wrong message to the Case Worker; still its your decision the above statement was just my personal belief.

Regards

Jedi001

SureShot

Post by SureShot » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Jedi001 wrote: For this part I think I cannt say much as I also thought about taking a Personal loan for MF however I felt that it might give a wrong message to the Case Worker; still its your decision the above statement was just my personal belief.

Regards

Jedi001
Thanks a lot for the detailed post. I guess i would have to take a chance with this.

Regards,
V

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:24 pm

I don't think there is any problem if you show two diffrent accounts.

I am also going to apply on 23 Oct with two diffrent Bank statement.

One for Previous earning and One for Maintance Funds.

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:30 pm

s_saini,
I am in same situation (two different accounts). I believe we need to show source of income for maintenance funds.

What details will you mention for Source of funds in your case?

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:51 pm

as long as the money in the maintenance fund is part of your earnings as savings or the money already saved for a long time... its ok...

no other proof required