ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Full-time jobs overlapped with self employment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greenlandscape
Newly Registered
Spain

Full-time jobs overlapped with self employment

Post by greenlandscape » Sun May 30, 2021 9:54 pm

In the last 10 years I have been registered as self employed, so in between my full-time jobs I was doing freelance work.

I only got my IRL last year, so it's important to prove that I was constantly employed for the years before that, in order for CSI to not be required.

In the Employment section of the Naturalisation application I did the following:

1st job
- 4 days break- (which should be ok without CSI I hope?)
2nd job
- no break-
3rd job (finished on the 31st of March)
- then I had 6 months break, when I was doing freelance so I have put:
Self-employment from the 1st of April, till the 31st of October
4th job (starting on the 1st of November) and so on...

So I've basically covered the long periods in between full-time jobs with self-employment.

Is this the right thing to do? Because even tho I was registered as self employed even while I was working for a company, I was only making use of the self-employment during the breaks in between the jobs.
Is it ok to fill in those gaps with another entry saying Self-employment?

OR would it be better to just put all the full time positions in (with the long gaps), and then also add ONE self-employment entry from e.g. 2011 till 2020? Would that long entry cover all the gaps, so I won't need CSI?
I can obviously provide all the tax statements from those years.

Thanks so much for your help!

greenlandscape
Newly Registered
Spain

Re: Full-time jobs overlapped with self employment

Post by greenlandscape » Mon May 31, 2021 6:34 pm

Can anyone help please? I can clarify the question if it's confusing. Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 31, 2021 11:07 pm

It is best to declare as separate entries. You can always mention in the notes/cover letter at the end of the form that you were employed throughout. I do not see any issues here.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

greenlandscape
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by greenlandscape » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:31 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:07 pm
It is best to declare as separate entries. You can always mention in the notes/cover letter at the end of the form that you were employed throughout. I do not see any issues here.
Thank you. By separate entries do you mean:
One long Self-Employment entry Starting in 2011, all the way through 2020?

Or the way I already did it? So: Job -> few months self employment -> Job -> Job -> few months self-employment -> Job etc.?