ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

court acquittal declaration in the application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irish_sunset
Newly Registered
Poland

ten year work history?

Post by irish_sunset » Wed May 26, 2021 8:24 pm

hi,
i am applying for naturalisation and have the following questions;

1. should i enter the last ten years work history or since i came to the UK which was 12 years ago. so ten or twelve years work history.

2. if its the last ten years, do i need to add a job that started more than ten years ago but ended less then ten for example; i am submitting the application on 1st June 2021, i started a job on 1st April, 2011 which ended on 1st August, 2021. should this be added to the work history.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: ten year work history?

Post by alterhase58 » Wed May 26, 2021 10:10 pm

irish_sunset wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:24 pm
hi,
i am applying for naturalisation and have the following questions;

1. should i enter the last ten years work history or since i came to the UK which was 12 years ago. so ten or twelve years work history.
10 years only.
2. if its the last ten years, do i need to add a job that started more than ten years ago but ended less then ten for example; i am submitting the application on 1st June 2021, i started a job on 1st April, 2011 which ended on 1st August, 2021. should this be added to the work history.
Yes.
Thanks
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

irish_sunset
Newly Registered
Poland

court acquittal declaration in the application form

Post by irish_sunset » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:26 am

i was charged with a criminal offence and acquitted in court.
do i need to declare this and provide an explanation from my perspective about what happened ? reason i am asking if that the application guide states "if anything has been alleged against you" you should let us know. so in essence a charge is an allegation which in my case was not proven in court.

please guide.

vinny

Re: court acquittal declaration in the application form

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:58 am

irish_sunset wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:26 am
i was charged with a criminal offence and acquitted in court.
do i need to declare this and provide an explanation from my perspective about what happened ?
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

irish_sunset
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by irish_sunset » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:41 pm

is there any relevant guidance you could refer me to please.
what exactly do i need to put in when a court has already found me not guilty of the offence.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:09 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:58 am
Yes.
Do click through on the hyperlink in Vinny's response.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

irish_sunset
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by irish_sunset » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:00 pm

the hyperlink refers to something else i.e. visa refusal or refusal of leave to remain. my query is about declaring non-conviction information.
on the application form it explicitly asks about any conviction and does not ask to declare any arrests or court cases resulting in acquittals.

if i have to declare everything not directly asked by them for example; they are asking me to declare all foreign trips in last 5 years but i have to do that for 10 years instead. its more like reading between the lines.

in my case, it would help if there is any case worker or other guidance to declare acquittals and exactly what to include i.e. should i write the entire circumstances of the case which will probably run over four pages.

i dont want to provide too much information if there is no legal and explicit need for it.