ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Questions about to apply - Dual national missing one passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wootme
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SET(M) Questions about to apply - Dual national missing one passport

Post by wootme » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:03 am

Hi all,

I'm posting this for sanity check. I think I'm overthinking this but it doesn't hurt to ask.

About to apply using SET(M), I'm the applicant.

Arrived 1 July 2016

Question 1: Plan to apply tomorrow during the day, pretty sure it should be fine? Date of arrival + 5 years - 28 days is 3 June 2021

Regarding the evidence: I plan to use all digital versions for:
  • Payslips
  • Personal Bank Statements where salary is paid
  • Utility bills showing cohabitating, all joint names spread over the last 30 months as that's what's requested in the document checklist
  • Land registry title. We own our home outright
  • Council Tax bills
I do have paper originals sent to us for all of it (except the last bank statement where my salary is paid because it hasn't arrived).

Question 2: is it ok to submit all the digital versions for the above?

Question 3: I'm a dual national already (USA / Australia). When I lived in Australia I changed my name (dropped my middle name and shortened my last name that used to be double barrel) I have traveled to the UK using my American passport a few times (early 2000s and I think the last time was in 2012) as a tourist before arriving on my spouse visa in 2016. I don't have my American passport anymore, it expired a few years ago and I've sent it off to my lawyer in the US as I'm in the process of renouncing that citizenship. Since coming as an immigrant to the UK I've only used my Australian passport.

The application did ask about all nationalities, I declared both as the American process is taking a while but I did state that I don't have a passport for that nationality. However, in the document checklist at the end of the application they are listing a requirement for:

"All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel or remain in the UK"

The application also asked about all previous names and I did declare my birth name, I just don't have any IDs or passports with that name anymore. I plan to attach my name change certificate from Australia.

Question 4: should I add a cover letter explaining the situation above or should I not worry too much about travel document (passport) I used to come as a tourist before becoming an immigrant?

Appreciate any and all input.

Thanks all!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET(M) Questions about to apply - Dual national missing one passport

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:33 pm

1. The date is ok
2. Digital evidence is ok
3. You do not need to provide passports/ID you never used
4. This is not an issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice