ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application: Document Scanning Service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Naturalization Application: Document Scanning Service

Post by amit_sharma90 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:35 am

Hi All,
I have booked an appointment at croydon center for mid june for 3 applicant and I have also purchased the document scanning services.

As the documents are quite lot in count, I will also be uploading some of the documents so that I can double/tripple check in advance and save time during appointment. However there will be some document which would be heavy especially passport pages for all three applicant. I want that to be done at the center hence opted and paid for the scanning service. Now when I uploaded few of the documents, I could see a confirmation saying "if i click on document submit it will be sent to UKVI unless I have opted for document checking not scanning" and "I confirm that the all required documents are uploaded in right section for each applicant".

So the ques is:

1) Shall I click on submit button and confirm on above two points? it also says the submit button will no longer visible when 48 hrs is left for appointment. Please advise If i click on submit or leave it. I just don't wanted to wipe out my uploaded documents

2) If I click on submit button after self uploading few of the documents, will it be possible to add additional documents during the appointment since I purchased the scanning services or I have to do everything by myself before appointment?

3) Does that confirmation means I should upload all or none?

4) Even if We don't purchase any of document checking or document scanning service I think the UKVCAS staff during the appointment have to confirm with me to submit the application to UKVI, isn't it? can anyone explain the process please

please advise,
Thanks
Amit

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalization Application: Document Scanning Service

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:41 am

In your case, self-submission is useless. Upload the documents you have. Let UKVCAS scan other documents you wish and submit all for you at the appointment now.

In my personal opinion, documents checking service is a waste. Also note, UKVCAS staff is not trained in immigration/Nationality matters. They just go by the checklist and have no/less knowledge about the requirements. It is your responsibility to upload/or make sure all documents are uploaded as per the Nationality requirements.

PS: UKVCAS staff may not even be willing to scan full passports.

Also see FYI:
british-citizenship/steps-to-follow-aft ... 14359.html

Existing topic:
british-citizenship/referee-declaration ... l#p2011061
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:46 am

Thanks Cullinan.

Shall I click on submit button or just leave it to be grayed out in last 48 hrs? If I don't submit will my uploaded documents get wiped off? please advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:47 am

Existing topic 2:
british-citizenship/referee-for-british ... l#p2008626

Please keep all questions in ONE thread.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:48 am

amit_sharma90 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:46 am
Thanks Cullinan.

Shall I click on submit button or just leave it to be grayed out in last 48 hrs? If I don't submit will my uploaded documents get wiped off? please advise.
Nothing will be wiped off. You should NOT self-submit your incomplete documents anyways.
Submit at the appointment in your case.

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:58 pm

Hi,

I have just realized that i missed to add one of my travel history in the application. It was just for 1 day in 2019 when i visited Germany for business purpose.

What shall I do? shall I write a cover letter explaining the missed out information and provide information on missed out trip only? or shall i write a cover detailing all my trips including the missed one?

will this mistake impact my application?

my appointment is next Tuesday. please advice.

Thanks
AS

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 am

Can someone guide me please?

Thanks
Amit

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:31 pm

My opinion is that one day won't make a difference to your application especially if you haven't gone over the number of days allowed.
However, if you wish you could send an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk providing your details and the correction.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:14 pm

Thanks alterhase58.

My appointment is next week Tuesday, will you still recommend to send email or a cover letter with the explanation of missing trip uploaded along with other supporting document in UKVCAS will work?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:51 pm

If you can still upload documents just do a note and load with your other documents, or perhaps it can be loaded during the appointment by UKVCAS staff. If neither works then email.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.