ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date to submit ILR after 5yrs Set(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kattre
Newly Registered
St Vincent & Grenadines

Date to submit ILR after 5yrs Set(M)

Post by Kattre » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:42 pm

Hi, I entered the UK on July 10th 2016 as the partner of a settled person (citizen)
In Feb 2019 I applied to extend my visa.
The expiry date on my current BRP is November 2021

However my 5 years will be up in July 2021. I don't understand why the permit is dated until November.

My question is do I submit ILR application (no earlier than) 28 days before July 10th?

AkbarHaf
Mood:
Morocco

Re: Date to submit ILR after 5yrs Set(M)

Post by AkbarHaf » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:20 am

Up...

Dantean

Post by Dantean » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:47 am

Kattre wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:42 pm
However my 5 years will be up in July 2021. I don't understand why the permit is dated until November.

My question is do I submit ILR application (no earlier than) 28 days before July 10th?
They often grant a bit more than 30 months for a spouse visa. My first one was for about 31 months. Then if for the second one, you apply with a standard application, it can take a few months to decide. So you can end up with an extra month of eligibility, then 30 (or 31) months more, after the extra month, plus the time you had to wait, so can end up with a second visa that expires several months after your five years are completed.

Yes, you can apply as soon as you've completed five years, minus 28 days, regardless of when your permit expires.

Kattre
Newly Registered
St Vincent & Grenadines

Post by Kattre » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:17 am

Thanks so much for clarifying!