ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Working out of UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Naturalisation and Working out of UK

Post by ukresident001 » Sat May 29, 2021 10:45 am

Hi,
I received my ILR (10 year uk residency) in August 2020 and I will be eligible to apply for naturalisation in August 2021.

I have an attractive job offer in Ireland that I am keen to take. My question is that Can I apply for naturalisation and then take the job offer and relocate to Ireland while my application still in process?
Thanks for the help

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation and Working out of UK

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 29, 2021 3:47 pm

Page 33 onwards:

Future intentions requirement:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ukresident001 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:03 am

Thanks for your reply. Can you please advise how do I fill out the employment section in AN naturalisation application.
I am asked to provide my previous 10 year employment history and the dates. However I only have record of dates going back 7 years. How can I access my employment record for past 10 years?
Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:02 pm

Dates are not important. Mention the employer and estimate dates or clarify in the notes/cover letter.

Alternatively, you will have to request HMRC (google). It can take 6-8 weeks or longer. It is not needed though as I said above.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

HCJNL
United Kingdom

Post by HCJNL » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:14 pm

The future intentions requirement is real. What counts are the intentions at the moment you make the application. If they discover early on that you intended to live outside the UK, at the time of application, then your application will fail. If they discover this after your application has been successful, you run the risk of your citizenship being revoked. That risk will be increased if you apply for your first passport from abroad.

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ukresident001 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:02 pm
Dates are not important. Mention the employer and estimate dates or clarify in the notes/cover letter.

Alternatively, you will have to request HMRC (google). It can take 6-8 weeks or longer. It is not needed though as I said above.
Do i also have to provide p60 and payslips along with my application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:42 pm

ukresident001 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:02 pm

Do i also have to provide p60 and payslips along with my application?
No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ukresident001 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:20 pm

HCJNL wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:14 pm
The future intentions requirement is real. What counts are the intentions at the moment you make the application. If they discover early on that you intended to live outside the UK, at the time of application, then your application will fail. If they discover this after your application has been successful, you run the risk of your citizenship being revoked. That risk will be increased if you apply for your first passport from abroad.
Thank you for pointing this out.
The HomeOffice official guidance on page 36 talks about the service for a company established in the UK and eligibility.
The employment offer I have received is from Apple which is multinational company who has registered offices in UK, Ireland, USA etc.
Does it means that I have to turn down the employment offer from a Common Travel Area such as Ireland.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:31 pm

ukresident001 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:20 pm
HCJNL wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:14 pm
Thank you for pointing this out.
The HomeOffice official guidance on page 36 talks about the service for a company established in the UK and eligibility.
The employment offer I have received is from Apple which is multinational company who has registered offices in UK, Ireland, USA etc.
Does it means that I have to turn down the employment offer from a Common Travel Area such as Ireland.
The immigration rules are so complex .I think you should apply for your citizenship & then simply go & live wherever you want for a short period & then can come back to UK .This is what many Brits do .Future intention question doesn't specify how long a person should be living outside UK.Dont get panic .Get passport & get the job as well .If they revoke which is highly unlikely & would be so nasty ( but can be expected from Tories) then a simple challenge can reverse the decision.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:45 am

Although the official guidance is what to follow but I have known many people who have moved out of UK after their Naturalisation and did not have any issues coming back. So the chances are rare.

HCJNL
United Kingdom

Post by HCJNL » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:26 pm

The immigration rules are so complex .I think you should apply for your citizenship & then simply go & live wherever you want for a short period & then can come back to UK .This is what many Brits do .Future intention question doesn't specify how long a person should be living outside UK.Dont get panic .Get passport & get the job as well .If they revoke which is highly unlikely & would be so nasty ( but can be expected from Tories) then a simple challenge can reverse the decision.
The future intentions question doesn't specify how long but the guidelines for Home Office employees do. If they are aware of plans to live outside the UK for more than 6 months they are expected to refuse the application.

My gut feeling, not based on any hard evidence, is that the chances of you being deprived of citizenship are extremely small. But it is a good idea not to apply for a job abroad before you submit your application.