ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mortuus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Referee issue

Post by Mortuus » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:49 pm

Hi all

I've recently submitted a form for my wife's naturalisation and have downloaded the declaration forms. One of the referee's (wife's college friend who's now a British citizen) had provided her details and passport number etc but as I needed a wet signature on the form has spoken to her husband and now decided that they don't feel comfortable being a referee.

The professional referee is a work colleague, banking official, and has known the family for around five year so that's fine.

My worry is I've submitted and paid with the aforementioned friends details and now that they're refusing what do I do? I believe I can't change details but can I do a cover letter explaining the issue, provide an alternate referees details and upload their signed form instead or will this be detrimental to my wife's application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Referee issue

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:37 am

No issue.
can I do a cover letter explaining the issue, provide an alternate referees details and upload their signed form instead.
Yes that is what you should do. It will not affect your wife’s application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.