ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application 2nd attempt after refusal

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

miiiirza1

Naturalisation application 2nd attempt after refusal

Post by miiiirza1 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:50 am

Hi every one,
I will keep as short I can;
applied Naturalisation in Aug 2018, got refused due to good character( over stayed 2004 to 2011).

I am applying again now, my questions are as follows;

1 - Home office didnt return my Life in UK pass certificate but I have copy of it, will that be accepted?
I have another life in test certificate too. I passed twice in 2011 and in 2017.

2- I am not working at the moment but still on payroll on Zero hours, I am employed but on leave without pay. In the application what should I say I am working or not?

2a - should I be working when i apply for citizenship?

3 - in December 2018 I got speeding ticket but I was offered speed awareness course which I did in april 2019. no point were given. will that be a problem? do i need to declare or is it ok not to.

4- for 5 years residency do i need to provide 5 years bank statements and utilities bill or 6 months is ok apart from passports showing residency.?

5 - Can We still apply passport at the same time? I check with one of the post office they said passport applications are online only now. if yes how do i do that?

6 - my daughter 9 years old is my dependent, came in UK on 33 months visa in DEC 2019, Can i apply her registration along with me for her British citizenship?

7 - how would i sent my docs to home office? last time I used NCS. what is the procedure after submitting online application?

Kind regards to all

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation application 2nd attempt after refusal

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:09 am

miiiirza1 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:50 am
Hi every one,
I will keep as short I can;
applied Naturalisation in Aug 2018, got refused due to good character( over stayed 2004 to 2011).

I am applying again now, my questions are as follows;

1 - Home office didnt return my Life in UK pass certificate but I have copy of it, will that be accepted?
I have another life in test certificate too. I passed twice in 2011 and in 2017.
All evidence is scanned and uploaded. No originals are sent. You can upload a copy

2- I am not working at the moment but still on payroll on Zero hours, I am employed but on leave without pay. In the application what should I say I am working or not?
Employed

2a - should I be working when i apply for citizenship?
Employment is not a criteria for Naturalisation. You can be unemployed does not matter

3 - in December 2018 I got speeding ticket but I was offered speed awareness course which I did in april 2019. no point were given. will that be a problem? do i need to declare or is it ok not to.
Declare it but it will not affect your application

4- for 5 years residency do i need to provide 5 years bank statements and utilities bill or 6 months is ok apart from passports showing residency.?
Assuming you are a non-EEA national, only passport and stamps for the qualifying period are needed to prove residence, nothing else

5 - Can We still apply passport at the same time? I check with one of the post office they said passport applications are online only now. if yes how do i do that?
The process has been changed since Nov 2018 when online system was introduced. You only apply for a British passport separately after you attend your ceremony and get the Naturalisation certificate. See below the steps

6 - my daughter 9 years old is my dependent, came in UK on 33 months visa in DEC 2019, Can i apply her registration along with me for her British citizenship?
If your daughter is born abroad, she will need to apply for ILR with the other parent first. She can only be registered as British after that. What is your partner’s immigration status??

7 - how would i sent my docs to home office? last time I used NCS. what is the procedure after submitting online application?
See below. Documents are scanned and uploaded

Kind regards to all
Apply online:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an

FYI next steps:
british-citizenship/steps-to-follow-aft ... 14359.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.