ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge for dependant to join ILR holder

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LD001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Immigration Health Surcharge for dependant to join ILR holder

Post by LD001 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:53 pm

I am having the same issue. I have an ILR (expires in Feb 2024) and my wife is applying for spouse visa to join me. However when we are filling the form in the part where it asks you whether the person you are joining is a UK or EU national, I select No, because I'm not. But then its ask about my visa route but an ILR is not listed. Should select yes to that question and avoid it altogether or should I select tier 2? Because I got ILR last year after 5 years on tier 2.

Hellopino
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge for dependant to join ILR holder

Post by Hellopino » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:51 pm

So what happens incase of UK national. Does system calculate the correct amount itself ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge for dependant to join ILR holder

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:04 pm

LD001 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:53 pm
I am having the same issue. I have an ILR (expires in Feb 2024) and my wife is applying for spouse visa to join me. However when we are filling the form in the part where it asks you whether the person you are joining is a UK or EU national, I select No, because I'm not. But then its ask about my visa route but an ILR is not listed. Should select yes to that question and avoid it altogether or should I select tier 2? Because I got ILR last year after 5 years on tier 2.
First of all DO NOT tag your questions over other topics. Your question is moved to its own thread.
Which form you are filling?

This is where you should start if applying from outside the UK: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... appendixfm
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice