ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required Documents as Director of Limited Company for Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joeyjoe
United Kingdom

Required Documents as Director of Limited Company for Naturalisation Application

Post by Joeyjoe » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:06 am

Hello all,
I have checked the forms and seen several threads about this but couldn't get to a conclusive answer so appreciate your help

I have recently started a permanent employment, however, I have been (and still is) a director of my limited company. I used to take salary (PAYE) and dividends via my limited company but stopped doing that from the moment I started my permanent employment. I am non-EEA national.

I have been filling self assessment every year for years. looking at the AN guide, there is nothing specifically mentioned as to what to include as a Director of a limited company. They only talk about Self-employed applicants (which I am not) and ask for the "most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self-Assessment Statement of Account"

Couple of questions here please:
1 - I have seen people here saying they submitted company accounts and full self assessment records. Is that necessary? what documents are required in my case please?
2- The form only allows for one current job - I have added my permanent employment in the main form and added details of my directorship of the limited company in the notes at the end of the form. Is that correct?

Many thanks

UsernameTaken
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Required Documents as Director of Limited Company for Naturalisation Application

Post by UsernameTaken » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:39 am

You an employee of your LTD, just submit the same as a permie would - I just sent my p60s with the application. I have been a contractor for 11 years so thats all the employment details I added - approval came through last week with no questions.

Joeyjoe
United Kingdom

Re: Required Documents as Director of Limited Company for Naturalisation Application

Post by Joeyjoe » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:50 pm

Thank you - it’s odd they don’t ask for this in the documents section for neither regular employment nor limited company director... I read somewhere that all they want to see in terms of employment is that your tax is in order so was looking for the simplest way yo prove this without flooding them with documents....

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:15 pm

You do not need to submit any extra documents. Just mention the employer’s PAYE ref in the online form when you were on payroll for your company.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Joeyjoe
United Kingdom

Post by Joeyjoe » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:19 pm

Thank you Culinan! So just employment details in the form and tax office reference number (10 characters) and then they can look up the information online themselves correct?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:21 pm

Joeyjoe wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:19 pm
Thank you Culinan! So just employment details in the form and tax office reference number (10 characters) and then they can look up the information online themselves correct?
Yes. HO will make their own checks. No documents needed in your case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Joeyjoe
United Kingdom

Post by Joeyjoe » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:55 pm

Thank you for confirming. Would the same still apply for a shareholder receiving dividends from the limited company (not a director and not on PAYE)?
The shareholder is also in full time employment elsewhere and files self assessment every year... Would we need to submit self assessment statement of account or similar for them? Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:40 pm

Joeyjoe wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:55 pm
Thank you for confirming. Would the same still apply for a shareholder receiving dividends from the limited company (not a director and not on PAYE)?
The shareholder is also in full time employment elsewhere and files self assessment every year... Would we need to submit self assessment statement of account or similar for them? Many thanks
Yes, if taxes are not paid via PAYE, you need to submit latest self assessment statement of account.

Joeyjoe
United Kingdom

Post by Joeyjoe » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:38 pm

Many thanks!