ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Financial Evidence (Stocks/Funds)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stewartcollins22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa - Financial Evidence (Stocks/Funds)

Post by stewartcollins22 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:52 am

Hi,

My wife will soon apply for a spouse visa and we are struggling with the financial requirements at the moment. Back in May, 2020, my wife sold her house, and then the money was spread across 3 investment accounts (in her name). We will show cash savings (at least 62,500 GBP) by liquidating our ETFs and Funds and putting the money into a cash savings account. So, we can show the source of the money (house contract sale), and we can show that we have 62,500 GBP available and accessible right now (bank statement), but proving that at least 62,500 GBP has been held in those stocks for the last 6 months is proving to be difficult. The only way we can do it (it is in Korean accounts), is to print out the transaction sheet history for every day for the last 180 days. This clearly demonstrates how the money was kept and that it never dipped below 62,500 GBP at any point. The problem is, in terms of documents, this equates to almost 500 pages. Is it ridiculous to submit 500 pages worth of financial evidence? As in, will the person reviewing the application consider this as too much and will it reflect on their decision. If so, is there any other advised way of demonstrating what they want to see given our situation?

Thank you so much for your help!

stewartcollins22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - Financial Evidence (Stocks/Funds)

Post by stewartcollins22 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:48 am

I guess this was a bit of a complex question :) Our approach is to pretty much form the most comprehensive audit trail possible. What is true is that since the sale of our house (overseas), we have held over 62,500 GBP in a variety of accounts. Although money was distributed into various financial assets (stocks etc.), their cash value on a given day never dropped below this amount. We will certify this via bank statements/records of transactions daily for 180 days. We will also write a clear cover letter explaining the use of money and the documents provided. In some cases, the financial documents could not be issued in English (most are), and in this sense, we will have everything translated/notarized. We also have certificates from the banks showing that these accounts all belong to my wife. While it amounts to a lot of documents, I hope that the sincerity of our effort to show what is true will be good enough. Let's hope for the best :)

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Re: Spouse Visa - Financial Evidence (Stocks/Funds)

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm

As much as I would suggest an overall summary of the lowest point the stocks reached would suffice, common sense isn't so common among ECO's so maybe providing everything would be best. If you're submitting these in paper, make a separate file of the relevant documents with reference to it in a cover letter for your application. There is a chance (though certainly not definite) that the ECO handling your case will "get it" and making it complicated will just cheese them off after reviewing a few pages. Online it may be best to number the pages and address whats on each page in a sort of "contents" section so they don't have to trawl through it all if they get the gist after a while. As I say though, there's a chance they won't, so no harm playing it safe.