ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for family

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MateenS
Newly Registered
India

Citizenship for family

Post by MateenS » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi,

In similar vein I have two questions if someone could reply please;

1. I have received my British passport earlier this month. Family’s ILR was approved on 10th Oct 2020. They have not completed 12 months since they attained the ILR in last October. Are they eligible to apply for naturalisation now as I have received my British passport ?

2. One of my child’s BRP was delayed by 8 months!1 after we received the approval letter for ILR last October 2020 and the date of issue on the BRP is June 2021. For calculating the 12 month period post ILR do we count from the date of the ILR approval letter (Oct 2020) or from the issue date on the BRP(June 2021) ?

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship for family

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:54 pm

1. Yes, if your spouse meets the requirements.

2. Irrelevant. There is no 12 month waiting period for children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MateenS
Newly Registered
India

Post by MateenS » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:16 pm

Thanks CR001 as usual for your quick response.

Few details missing from my initial message;

1. I attained ILR - 12 months wait - naturalisation - BC via tier 2 route.
2. Wife and kids got their ILR (Oct 2020) via tier 2 dependent route. BRP of one of the kids got delayed by 8 months. The issue date on that card is of June 2021.

Hopefully the response you kindly provided to my initial message still holds true and I can apply for my families naturalisation now instead of completing 12 months post ILR.

As for the route to naturalisation for the family, do I apply under 5 year residency or 3 year please ?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:25 pm

The child's brp delay is irrelevant!!

3 year spouse of bc for your partner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MateenS
Newly Registered
India

Post by MateenS » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:53 pm

Thank you ever so much

MateenS
Newly Registered
India

Post by MateenS » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:35 pm

Is this the correct form for registering children under 18, born outside UK, have ILR, One parent has recently gained British citizenship?

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1

Thanks

MateenS
Newly Registered
India

Post by MateenS » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:30 pm

Hello,

I am applying for my family naturalisation (wife and 2 kids -born outside of UK / both under 18) as spouse of British citizen.
One of the child’s Indian passport has expired recently (may 2021)

My question is, if it reasonable to apply for registration of child under 18, born outside of uk, with an expired passport?

While filling the online application form, it gives the following message;

Explain why you are unable to provide a valid form of identification.

My response ;
My passport has recently expired on the 23-05-2021.
The Indian consulate was not working during the pandemic to renew expired passports.
Also my BRP card got delayed by nearly 8 months after approval of the ILR application in October last year. I could not apply for renewal of my passport without a valid BRP during this time.
The consulate has now opened, however there are no appointments available for the foreseeable future. I can provide the valid BRP card for identification.

Thanks