ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship for visitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

foxymel1uk
Newly Registered

Sponsorship for visitor

Post by foxymel1uk » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:51 am

Hi there all

My Father is sponsoring my boyfriend for a vist to the UK over Christmas, hes providing accomodation and meals has my boyfriend is currently unemployed.

We arent sure has to what to put on the sponsor letter has my Father hasnt ever met my boyfriend in person, i'm the only one who has met him personally.

How can we make the application solid has my boyfriend was previously denied entry to the UK because of lack of funding and they thought he was here looking for work.

Many thanks for reading my post :)

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:35 am

I think the letter could be very simple, just saying that he will provide accomodation, food and expenses. I'm not sure if he needs to send his bank statement.

I gather from your post that your bf is a non-visa national (from country that doesn't need to apply for visa) but as he's been refused, he will need to get Entry Clearance to come to the UK again.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:54 am

foxymel1uk
Newly Registered

Post by foxymel1uk » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:42 pm

Is it ok for my Father to sponsor him seen has hes never met him in real life and how would he write this in the sponsor letter?

Many thanks all :roll:

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:19 pm

There is nothing in the rules to prevent your father sponsoring your bf.
HOWEVER you should consider the following points
1 He has been denied entry before on the basis of his inability to fund his trip and the fact that they thought he was coming to work. Did he mention you as his gf at that point? If not the hole he is in just got bigger.
2 If he did not mention you as his gf before it will complicate matters as although they might have got it wrong about coming to work they will then say he did not declare the true reason for coming to the UK the last time! He loses out again.
3 How can he connect to your father without reference to you? I suggest he can not do that without admitting the relationship. Remember they can ask to interview your father and compare notes with what your bf said.

If he did mention you the last time things will be much better all round.

foxymel1uk
Newly Registered

Post by foxymel1uk » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:31 pm

Hey there thanks for your reply :wink:

Yeah he mentioned me when he came here here, the officer actually spoke to me on the telephone so its should be on record he was coming to visit his girlfriend :)

We held nothing back and told them everything.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:20 pm

OK
Your father will have to take responsibility for all his needs and supply evidence that he can accommodate and finance his stay. That means handing over a fair amount of personal detail for the application, bank statements, evidence of accommodation, pay slips etc etc. Is your dad willing to do that?

If so and as long as your dad is not in overdraft and has a reasonable amount of savings should be fine. It is NOT normal circumstances and is likely to be queried but if all the pieces fit together the visa will get granted.
Last edited by Frontier Mole on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

foxymel1uk
Newly Registered

Post by foxymel1uk » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:38 pm

Hi there again :)

Yeah my father is willing to do this for me hes got about £7000 in his current account and owns his own business so hes ok on the financial part and also owns his own home which is paid for. I read somewhere he should also send details of his immigration status in the UK how would he do that by sending a copy of his passport thats been notorized or something?

My only remaining query is that it says that the sponsor should write in the letter details explaining their relationship to the applicant, is it acceptable that my father has never met my b/f?

Thanks very much for your kind help

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:58 am

As long as there is a viable connection between the sponsor and the visa applicant it will be fine.
The letter needs to explain why he is sponsoring the visit - i.e. it is your boyfriend and he want to meet him and wants him to stay with his family for longer term visit. He wants to give you and him the opportunity to decide about your long term future etc etc.
That plus all the other information should give it more than a fighting chance.

foxymel1uk
Newly Registered

Post by foxymel1uk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:06 am

Thanks for all your kind help
:)

Melanie