ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Being in the UK lawfully - Employment gaps

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irenesalazar
Newly Registered

Being in the UK lawfully - Employment gaps

Post by irenesalazar » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:52 pm

Hello everybody, thanks in advance for your help.
I'm ready to apply for citizenship after living int he UK for almost 11 years, having had EUSS (as the partner of an EEA national) for almost 2 years now.
I'm being asked to provide:

-Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 5 year qualifying residence period. This should be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or incapacitated person
-If you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy

So my qualifying residence period would be between 2016 and 2021.
I was employed before that but suffered from burnout. I left my job and between July 2016 and April 2018 I was basically at home with my EEA husband, not looking for a job and not receiving any benefits or jobseekers allowance. I was living off my savings, but obvioulsy also supported by my husband, who has been in continous employment. I was in the UK throughout (some short trips on holiday or to visit family) and have council tax bills and bank statements to prove it. I did not have any CSI. I wasn't diagnosed with any condition as I never visited a mental health professional, so I can't prove that I was 'incapacitated'. We don't have children so I can't say I was a stay-at-home mother, although I was a stay-at-home wife if that makes sense.

Could this be a problem? What evidence can I provide that I was in the UK lawfully? It is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that I need to upload some documents here, is it worth adding a letter explaining my situation?

Thanks very much!

A bit of context:

I am a Colombian national and first arrived in the UK in September 2010 under a Tier 4 (student visa).
I was issued a T1 Post Study Visa in February 2012 (valid for 2 years)
I married an EU national in January 2014.
We went to visit my family in Colombia and stayed there for less than 3 months in 2014.
I re-entered the UK with a EEA Family Permit valid from Feb 2014 until Nov 2014.
I received a Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National in July 2014, valid until July 2019.
I applied under the EU Settlement scheme and was granted Settled Status in June 2019. I was issued a Residence Card which under remarks says 'Work Permitted / Indefinite leave to remain', but the card says valid until Jun 2029.