ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional Passport question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mabsa_guy
Newly Registered
Portugal

Additional Passport question

Post by Mabsa_guy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:21 pm

Hi all,

I have just received my Certificate of Naturalisation and I am in the process of applying for my first British passport. However, I have a question and I was wondering if you could help me.

I am originally from Portugal and in 2014 I was granted an additional Portuguese passport by the government due to my work. My original passport expired in 2017 and I renewed it back then (which is my current passport, that I will send to the HO), however, the additional passport expired in 2018 and I haven't done anything with it (in fact I haven't used it at all since 2015 and forgot that I even have had it!).

I read on the guidance that I need to send any uncancelled passports so I was wondering if i need to send to the HO a copy of this additional passport? I've never mentioned it anywhere in the application process so I am just wondering if it is necessary or whether it will create more confusion especially considering it is expired.

Thanks in advance for your help!

onurdata
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Additional Passport question

Post by onurdata » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:35 pm

Just send your current passport along with your naturalization certificate

Mabsa_guy
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Mabsa_guy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:33 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Having read the guidance, I am still unsure of what to do - on the one hand I have an additional passport which is uncancelled but this passport was an additional one for the same nationality. Why do you think that I don't need to send this additional passport which is expired and uncancelled?

Thanks for your help!

onurdata
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by onurdata » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:32 am

If it is uncancelled then put all uncancelled passports when sending in the envelope. Doesnt matter if expired.