ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Need Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MunneRaja

Spouse Visa - Need Help

Post by MunneRaja » Mon May 09, 2005 1:52 pm

Dear Friends,

I am from India and have been working in UK since last three years. I was on WP and recently got approval under HSMP scheme.
I went to India in January and got engaged. Now, I am getting married on 6th August and will be applying for spouse visa from Delhi. I have some questions.

A) I can think of following documents to be submitted along with the Visa application form. Please correct me if I will be needing any other document as well?

1) Wife's passport
2) 6 months bank statements
3) salary slips
4) visa application form
5) tenancy agreement
6) my passport, work permit copies (attested)
7) marriage certicate
8 ) visa fees
9) Employer letter

B) Which application form do I need to fill in? VAF2 or VAF1 or some other form?

C) I will be having around £9000 in my bank at that time, will this be enough? Keeping in mind I am working in an IT company and earning more than £35000 (I will be submitting Employer letter for the proof)

D) How many days will it take to get VISA from Delhi?

E) Is it compulsory to change my wife's name in her passport after marriage to get the VISA? I am asking this because if thisis not necessary I could book her air tickets right now.

Shall be looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
MunneRaja

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 09, 2005 2:05 pm

I think that because you are not British and you don't have ILR your wife cannot get a spouse visa. However she can apply for a visa as your dependent.

As regards your questions :-
  1. That list sounds fine, except why not also include some pics from the wedding. Including those certainly cannot do any harm to the application and should hopefully dispel any thought that the marriage is a sham
  2. VAF1
  3. No problem on the financial front
  4. Check on the embassy's website. It will give you an indication of the waiting time at present.
  5. Under UK law there is no legal requirement for a woman to change her name on marriage. It is merely a convention that most choose to follow. So lack of change of name in passport will not cause a problem.
John

MunneRaja

Post by MunneRaja » Mon May 09, 2005 2:23 pm

Many thanks John :) I really appreciate for your early and detailed reply.

Oops, I wrote Spouse Visa by mistake. What I mean was the VISA so that she can join me in the UK. One question here..

Will she be able to work as holder of dependent VISA?

Yes, I can include some pics from the wedding.

Many thanks again.

Cheers!
MunneRaja