ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for attending marriage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali541

Visit visa for attending marriage

Post by ali541 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:08 am

Hi. i am posting this on behalf of someone else. the question is as follows. my freind wanst to sponsor his nephew to come over from to the united kingdom. he has tried to sponsor him once before but it was rejected and from what i know they appealed and i am pretty sure that the appeal was rejected also.

Now they are trying to sponsor him again but this time to come and visit on the basis of attending a wedding ceremony. with all the new immigration rules etc what are his chances of getting a visa to attend the marriage. taking into consideration that he has already been refused once and his appeal has been refused. this time he is being asked to attend the wedding by the person who is getting married.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:16 am

What was the reason(s) for the previous refusal?

ali541

Post by ali541 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:27 am

hi there. im not quite sure. will find out and let you know. but in your opinion what would you say the chances of him getting accepted after he has already been refused and appeal refused.....and now he is being called over by the son to ttand his wedding....................bearinf in mind is their any new rules for visitors to fulfill. for example as of april this year anybody sposnoring a visa for a spouse they must demonstrate a knowledge of english over in their native country before they are accepted is their any such condition for visitors. also there was talks of anyone who is sponsoring a visitor that they must place down some kind of deposit and if the person they are sponsoring doesnt return after 3 or 6 months they loose the deposit and that authorities would pusnish them as they were the sponsor

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:03 am

New rules not in place yet.

Chances of refusal this time round are very high. It really does not matter what the occassion is. If refused before and dismissed at appeal it will be a huge up hill struggle for it to be overcome the second time round.

Once you have the reasons for the first refusal it will be clearer what the chances are second time around.

ali541

Post by ali541 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:19 am

okay cool. well pfrom what i could make out last time it was initially refused from lack of unds and they are this time applying once agin but the son is making the application and in terms of his saving he doesnt have much around 500-600.

what are the new rules that will come into effect and when?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:32 am

Looks like another refusal based on lack of funds again. :(

New rules are the things you outlined in your second post. Date yet to be announced likely first quarter of 2009 at the earliest. More than likely much later :lol: