ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I study while I work on a Tier 1????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Snoozles

Can I study while I work on a Tier 1????

Post by Snoozles » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:02 am

I am going to the UK in January on a Tier 1 visa.

Am I allowed to study while in the UK (Part time)?

I will still have a full time job, but I feel that I need to further my studies. I currently have a 3 year bachelors degree, and would love to study part time and maybe get a masters someday.

Is this allowed? I will be studying through a UK university.

Regards

mubu

Post by mubu » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:29 am

Wow I had the same question in mind, I am on HSMP and wanted to know if I am eligible to Study in the UK and also advice on Scholarships?

simar

Re: Can I study while I work on a Tier 1????

Post by simar » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:32 am

Snoozles wrote:I am going to the UK in January on a Tier 1 visa.

Am I allowed to study while in the UK (Part time)?

I will still have a full time job, but I feel that I need to further my studies. I currently have a 3 year bachelors degree, and would love to study part time and maybe get a masters someday.

Is this allowed? I will be studying through a UK university.

Regards

The Tier 1 or hsmp visa expects u to work full time in a high skill job profile. (Since the intention of this scheme or visa is to make UK competitive in international trade.)That is minimum required. Along with that you can always study part time to enhance your skills.

But what you cannot do is to study full time on this visa . Then you are abusing this visa scheme. This is my understanding.
I know a fellow who works full time on hsmp visa and also study part time in the universty.