ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mr Manchester
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Manchester » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:56 pm

Is the ref no QML/170908/*****/* OR is it GRY-PK-**-******-X
I'm really confused and need help :(
Application is for settlement. Was submitted in Mirpur

imi

Post by imi » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:16 pm

Hey, guys.

Mr. Manchester: All u have to do is to try the different references if you don't know. It is the QML/...numbers/numbers...

Mr Manchester
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Manchester » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:30 pm

Thanks imi, i have tried both numbers as ref nothings working :(
At 1st i thought maybe it takes a bit of time before they put it online but its been over 3wks

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:05 am

Mr Manchester,

provided u are entering all your information correctly, I cannot see why you would be unable to track your passport, unless there is an error by Gerry's Fedex...have u tried to contact their call centre as when u call them. they usually read to you what is already mentioned on your tracker. You should call them and maybe they could help you track or sort out whatever mistake they have made...

Good luck!

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:26 pm

@sunzibad,,, haven't collected the passport and u know the outcome???
How come its possible? :shock:

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:28 pm

@Mr_Manchester

Just double check the information u r entering on the tracking website,,, dont check on the gerrys website because the tracker there is not working.. u need to go to www.ukvacpk.com and scroll down to the end of the page and the last blue link 'Track your passport' is the one that workss,,

enter the QML/170908/******/*

and the correct date of birth as DD / MM / YYYY
make sure after QML/170908/ you enter 6 digits and then slash and 1 digit..

hope it helps :?

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:31 pm

One more news from a friend,,, he applied on 19th of september and then he kept tracking online but the status on the net never changed to 'Passport ready for collection',, he phoned them up and they gave him the answer that the passport is still no there,, better call after 3 to 4 dayss, rite nxt day he went down to gerry's office and just lied that he'v got the call and they took the reciept and after some time waiting he got the passport and documents....... :o :shock: :shock:

Now he came to england yesterday at 6am in the morning...

maj97

Post by maj97 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:46 pm

omg faaniali this just proves that gerrys are STUPID!!!!!

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:24 pm

can some please answer my post.

Mr Manchester
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Manchester » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:33 pm

Thanks faaniali, I am entering the correct ref no and my wife has tried to ring them but she has always got busy tone. I phoned them on 0092512098999 and once I was on hold and phone got cut after 30mins and the one time I managed to speak to someone he could not find our case and he just said not to worry and that we will get a call when it is ready for collection. I am worried what if they have lost/misplaced and nothing is happening. If the Mirpur office was open my wife could go there and find out in person but as it is closed we don't really know what to do

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:53 pm

Mr Manchester - its defo QML yeh then it must be your DOB then try entering all the days of the month and then see if it works...my wudnt work so i rang them they blew me off...so i changed the date and kept the month and year the same and it worked..worth having a try.......

new week starting yay my 5th week

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:40 am

Hi folks!!

Lahore VAC is open!!
My wife re-submitted her application this morning. Please make dua that this application is successful :D No the waiting game begins!!

For everyones information - my wife said that they are being strict over the appointments. Apparently it was chaotic at the VAC and pple were getting turned away, so pls ensure you get an appointment & are not late!!

KEEP SMILING :D

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:46 am

Sunzibad - that status changing does not mean that she has got the visa, that can only be known once collected. Did your wife apply for a settlement visa??

Mr Manchester - remain positive ... the docs will be there. The Gerrys office are useless at providing decent info & come up with a load of rubbish half the time. Keep trying the ref, it does take time for them to sort out the website. Inshallah, everything will be ok. But do be prepared to wait.

Naz08 - hope your well ... be happy & inshallah your wait will be rewarded

Azimscot - the status means nothing other than its ready for collection; once you receive the call your wife will collect her passport & then you will find out the result. Wishing you the best!!

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:51 am

Sunzibaad To My Curiousity How Did You Find Out ur wife Got The visa As I have been worried sick Until then soo i wanted to know how did You Find out As Bhc Just Tell Us If They Are Ready To collect or Not ..

Aww Faaniali And Naz Dnt Lose Hope Keep On Havin A postive Thinnking And stay HAPPY iNSHALLAH you will get a postive Response :)

Oahmed Thats great InshAllah you Will Get A Postive Outcome This Time :) i Am prayin

Mrsi where Are You Any News On Your hubby ?

Well My Hubby Will Be coming On 19th Of October :) Soo Looking Forward ...And Praying 4 all Of u Honeslthy May Allah Give You All Happinss N Postive News And OFcourse A visa Stamped On the passport InshAllah ..None shud Stay widout There Partner i Know How hard it is.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:05 am

hey guys

im kl just taking 1 day at a time and hopin to hear sumting in a few weeks........5th week today lol

cutesweetgal - you must well chuffed..hope u n hubbi have a great life toghter bet u cant wait nw to see him....

oahmed - i heard it opened today....what did they tell ur wife how they were gna take with her application?

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:08 am

Hi Naz - she got the usual spiel. If its straight forward, she'll get a response in 10-15 days, otherwise if it needs to be checked in detail then it can take up to 2 - 3 months.

Nothing I dont know already & we're definitely not expecting anything for at least a month let alone 10-15 days!!

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:23 am

:cry: :oops: :cry:

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:31 am

Faaniali - wots up ???

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:46 am

Hi everyone,

All praise to Allah, my husband has been granted his visa, the status was updated on Friday to ready for collection, and he got a call aswell. He picked up everything today. He will Inshallah be coming to UK on Friday.

We applied in Mirpur on 03/09/2008
Visa was stamped on 09/09/2008

I would just like to say that everyone here in there small way has provided some information, I have been a regular reader, though I have hardly ever posted, so thank you for that.

Wishing u all Good luck,
Take Care

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:54 am

Tkhan - many congrats!! very happy to hear your good news!! Hope you and your hubby have a fab life together.

Justa quick question ... your husband got his visa in 6 days ???? Did he apply for a settlement visa ???

larsson7
Newly Registered

Post by larsson7 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:56 am

hi guys,

good news my misses went to pick up her passport today at the lahore VAC, and visa was stamped on the passport.

thanks for everyones hlep and advice on this forum been a real help.

hope wveryone waiting to hear inshallah will hear good news soon.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:03 am

Larsson - thats great news - hope you and your wife have a fantastic life together!!

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:04 am

Its great - all you wonderful pple getting responses and good news as well!! Im delighted for you all. Hope you all have happy lives with your partners!!

Please remember those still awaiting in your duas!! :D

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:27 am

@oahmed,, I m just missing my partner.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:46 am

oahmed - u me both in the same boat..

faaniali - inshahallah your hubbi will be wiv sooner than u expect just hang in there.....

Congrats to everyone who got call backs and theres visa stamped

TKhan - 6days wow...was it a settlement visa