ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:49 am

Fanniali - chin up mate - inshallah this will get sorted. Remain patent & positive. :D

str34

Post by str34 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:25 pm

hey everyone!

been checking out this forum for a few weeks and it has been very informative thanks!

congrats to all those who have had there app's approved! insh-allah those pending will also be successful

just a quick qusetion to all i applied for a settlement visa on the 18th september! @ the islamabad centre!

has anybody else applied on this date? if so any news?.

thanks!!

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:29 pm

str34 - Hey how r u? i applied on the 11th of sept so a weeks difference......apprently you dunt av to wait long now i wud say around 6- weeks waiting time rather 2 months........is urs a settlemnt app?
Have you checked online?

str34

Post by str34 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:45 pm

naz08 - hello, i am fine thanx! and u? just a bit stressed well no i tell a lie? ALLOT stressed lol! mines is a settlement app?
have i checked online? i check only twice a day!!Lol, but same old essage (forwarded to OC)!! have u heard anything?

insh allah will get gud news v soon. FOR ALL!!

Missy_j

Post by Missy_j » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi Guys,

Me and my husband are planning on applying for spouse visa very soon from Islamabad.

I have a few questions:
(1) where can u get TB cert from?is it a HO approved place or any hospital?and how long does this take?

(2)my hubby is under 21 so i want to get the app in before December when the rules are going to change, but I have been unemployed (not received any benefits though) and only just stared perm job. Will 1 months wage slips be sufficient?

(3) How much saving required in bank? as I only have 2K in savings account and with this job i'm being paid £800 a month.So being unemployed my last 2 months current acc bank statemnet show £400 in one month and £800 in the other month, will these be sufficient?

any help will be really appreciated as I am well stressed out, havent seen hubby for 7 months now and very worried about law changing.

cheers!

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi missy_j ... responses:

1. If you look back thru this forum there are a couple pple who have listed places you can go to get the TB test sorted. Just make sure it aint no dodgy place. I believe it does take some time for the test & then to get the report (roughly 10-14 days)

2. Explain why you were unemployed. also get employers let stating where you work, salary etc. & that you will employed for the forseeable future. I would try & see if you can hold out for another payslip.

3. It dont think it really matters how much you have in an account provided its there legaly & evidence how the money is coming in & saved.

Good luck :D

str34

Post by str34 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:09 pm

missy-j
1, u can get the tb cert done from mirpur, it is a hospital but dont knw if its a HO approved 1 when you collect the passport they can advise you of where to get it done! if ur in mirpur all i know is that its very close to the NADRA centre. u will be given an appointment usually within 5 days the result u will get on the same day. but this cannot be done until u have the passport.

2,with regards to pay slips i think u should have between 3-6 months however if this is not possible beef up your app with previous pay slips, letter from a accountant ie forecast or a employers letter stating you are on a permanent contract with the gross amount of earnings.

3, savings i think u will be fine there is no set amount as long as you are able to comfortably live without resorting to public funds, 2k will be more than enough.just have regular payments going in current acc ie wages and regular out goings ie shopping and fuel etc etc, nothing fancy. just maintain the accout no suprises ie large amounts going in!

hope this helps?

dont worry urself insha -allah everyting will be fine just think positive!!!! :)

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:17 pm

str34 - im gud just missin hubbi :(.....bin 6 months since i last saw him so a bit stressed...dunt worri you will hear sumthing soon...i get excited when i check online buh get angry when it doesnt change.i have sent them an email now waiting for there reply IF THEY DO!!!....most people getting callbacks quickly so pray...and be patient

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:38 pm

I am praying for everyone waiting for theit replyy,,, naz, oahmed and all others.. Inshah Allah soon we'll recieve the passports back with VISA STAMPS :wink: Inshah ALLAH

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:07 pm

haii thanks for ur support all we can is wait patiently ..which is sooo longgggg.......the BHC havnt even replyd to my email which i sent them last weekk........,

str34

Post by str34 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:34 pm

faaniali: Ameen!

naz08: same here no answer with emails,

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:50 pm

@Naz08,, i emaild them when my wife applied for the visa and they replied with a formal email,,

Dear Sir

Re : 157*** (application yet to be assessed)

Thank you for your e-mail .

Due to security reasons, all the Visa Application Centres are closed indefinitely. You will have to wait till the VACs open for business. At this point, we are unable to give you precise time frame.

The visa section within the High Commission continues to operate normally and will post information on the consequences for those who have already submitted applications and who are waiting for the return of their passports on our website ukinpakistan.fco.gov.uk as soon as possible.

I am sorry I cannot give you a more favourable reply

They never giv favourable reply.. lol..

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:18 pm

faaniali - at least you got a reply i got nufin at all. nowt...just hope i can get throu this week wivout having a nervous breakdown

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:34 pm

Congrats On All Of the People Who have Got There visas :) May Allah Give you Happy Life Ahead With Ur Partners

Naz dont worry You will Get A mail From them They do Take time But They will reply Back I Got email From them After 3 weeks later ..But Basically You Need To Wait 4 Longg And its Hard I can Imagine I have Been Gone through This And its Awful You can Talk 2 me When ever You Like I know It wont Help But Just Gettin It Out from Your Head makes Alot Of difference :) N I am praying 4 u all Guys InshAllah You ALL will get A visa Who are waiting .

Missy_j

Post by Missy_j » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Thanks oahmed and str34 for your replies.

Well when I say unemployed i actually mean on and off as I have been doing some temping along the way as well. So I have random amounts coming into my bank from my temping jobs.

I'm thinking of getting a letter from the jobcentre stating that I have never been in receipt of any benefits.

The problem is that the last 2 months statements have money which my parents have been providing, to support me financially and some from the temping jobs. Of course I dont want to tell the ECO about the family support! Just really praying that they dont raise any questions about the bank statment!

I will keep everyone updated as to what goes on.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:40 pm

cutesweetgal wrote:Congrats On All Of the People Who have Got There visas :) May Allah Give you Happy Life Ahead With Ur Partners

Naz dont worry You will Get A mail From them They do Take time But They will reply Back I Got email From them After 3 weeks later ..But Basically You Need To Wait 4 Longg And its Hard I can Imagine I have Been Gone through This And its Awful You can Talk 2 me When ever You Like I know It wont Help But Just Gettin It Out from Your Head makes Alot Of difference :) N I am praying 4 u all Guys InshAllah You ALL will get A visa Who are waiting .
thanks your such a sweetheart.......no point in shouting or stressing they aint gna speed up the process so all we can is wait patintly...when did ur status thing change n roughly what time?

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:52 pm

naz it took my case to come back after 2 and half month later...its stressin I can imagine wat u goin through but just pray n stay postive ..n i am sure you will hear soon alot of people are getting replies so Fingers crossed :)

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:59 pm

cutesweetgal - another gyal on the other site her status changed she applied onthe 10th sept.......me very worried now..:(...

str34

Post by str34 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:54 pm

naz08:dnt worry be strong everything will be fin ok! u will get gud news and so will we ALL insha allah!

which 1 have u applied for?

keep smiling!!!

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:29 pm

Cutesweetgal still No reply :( its been 3 weeks since the site status has changed to collect but we are not getting no calls we been trying 2 ring bhc they dont pick up the calls ..we emailed them they say its sended to gerry internationals and my hubby even went to gerry fedex in islamabaad the old one but they didnt give the documents or anything we dont really know what should we do i am getting proper worried now its been over 3 weeks and more and its really hard can anyone advice what should we do ? i would be greatful

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:42 pm

str34 wrote:naz08:dnt worry be strong everything will be fin ok! u will get gud news and so will we ALL insha allah!

which 1 have u applied for?

keep smiling!!!
thanks for all your support.......need to calm down....and be patient.......

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:44 pm

thanks every1

Oahmed & Naz: It was a settlement visa, and it was processed in 4 working days, which is brilliant.

MRSI: I really wish there was something I could suggest to help you because I think it is terrible what is happening with u, did ur husband actually try the whole 'yes I did get a call to come and collect' scenario when he visited the old Gerry's office to pick up? It might be an idea to write a letter of complaint to Gerry's and Islamabad BHC about this situation, as I believe there is a timescale in which they have to deal with letters, and obviously with spouses having to leave the country within a certain amount of time, I would suggest u mention that in the letter and ensure u won't incur any fines for somebody's stupidity!

imi

Post by imi » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:23 pm

Hey guys,

str34: my mrs applied at this date and venue and our status still says the same "forwarded to Islamabad OC...".

I don't know if we will get a call or should we start bugging them by phone n emails?

str34

Post by str34 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:45 pm

imi: they say u should get a call!

however no harm in giving them a ring, i do give them a call everday all i get is ring back in a couple days its still in processing! i have emailed them about 4 times no reply as of yet.

just waiting game really, pray for the best, insha-allah the outcome will be gud.

where did you apply?
what type of visa?

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:50 am

str34 - i havnt rang them im thinking whats the point if they dunt tell you anything so im leaving it i have emailed them...waitin for a reply now just gna wait patiently untill i hear sumting :roll: