ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child dependant Settlement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hartleman
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Child dependant Settlement

Post by hartleman » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:48 pm

Good day to all the Experts in the house, Hope you are all doing well.

I would like to learn from your experience on what to do on my situation. any reason it taken home office longer time to decide on my child settlement visa.

Application was made based on mother ILR , father also in UK with lltr

It 67 working days now I have applied for my child settlement visa to join us in UK. I received an email last week that my child application was a not straight forward application, I received another email again stated that a change has been made to the details you provide asked me to pay for IHS with 7 days, the 7 days ended today. I paid the IHS immediately last week but up till now I have not hear anything from the Home office.
Has anyone experienced this before, any Idea on what to do as i am getting tire in the waiting.

secret.simon

Re: Child dependant Settlement

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:42 pm

hartleman wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:48 pm
father also in UK with lltr
I presume you mean that the father has a limited leave to remain (i.e. he is not on ILR himself). Is that correct?

If so, the child would have the same immigration status as that of the father (the less-privileged parent), will follow the same immigration pathway as the father and will be eligible to apply for ILR along with the father.

That is likely why you were asked to pay the IHS.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

hartleman
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hartleman » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:13 pm

hartleman wrote:

I would like to learn from your experience on what to do on my situation. any reason it taken home office longer time to decide on my child settlement visa.

It 67 working days now I have applied for my child settlement visa to join us in UK. I received an email last week that my child application was a not straight forward application, I received another email again stated that a change has been made to the details you provide asked me to pay for IHS with 7 days, the 7 days ended today. I paid the IHS immediately last week but up till now I have not hear anything from the Home office.
Has anyone experienced this before, any Idea on what to do as i am getting tire in the waiting.
email received today with subject "TLScontact - Travel document ready for collection"

with the word Travel document. those it mean visa granted?

any idea?

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:15 pm

hartleman wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:13 pm
hartleman wrote:

email received today with subject "TLScontact - Travel document ready for collection"

any idea?

Thank you
It does not mean visa granted, it means decision made and you can go to the application center to pick up passport.
When you pick up passport and check then you will find out the outcome.

hartleman
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hartleman » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:56 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:15 pm
hartleman wrote:
hartleman wrote:

any idea?

Thank you
It does not mean visa granted, it means decision made and you can go to the application center to pick up passport.

Passport collected, visa granted. ALHUMDULILAH

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:39 pm

hartleman wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:56 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:15 pm
hartleman wrote:
hartleman wrote:

any idea?

Thank you

Passport collected, visa granted. ALHUMDULILAH
Congratulations 👏.

moris

Post by moris » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:48 am

Hi Hartleman

Congratulations.

I am applying for my child dependent visa like yours.
Could you please share your experience please
It would be great if you let me know the application form you used and supporting documents you supplied and any other useful information.
Look forward to hearing from you
Have a great day