ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from caseworker

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

icebat
Newly Registered
Italy

Mistake on submitted application - Parents

Post by icebat » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:50 pm

Hello,

I was just looking at my submitted application andI realized I have made a genuine and ridiculous mistake.

Under "Additional Children information", where it asks about Parent One and Parent Two, I gave details of my own parents, as opposed to my children's parents (myself and my spouse). I don't know what I was thinking.

The application has been submitted after biometrics, what do you suggest I do? Send an email to rectify or should I just resign myself to the fact that the application will be rejected and I have to start over?

Thanks much in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Mistake on submitted application - Parents

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:02 pm

This shouldn't really make any difference - and not something you would be refused on - there are clearly defined issues where you would be refused but this is not one of them. However, for peace of mind you could send an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk giving your details and reference and explaining the error together with the correct information.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

icebat
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by icebat » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:09 pm

Thank you, I really appreciate the reassurance. I will definitely email them today!

K187

Post by K187 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:22 pm

But the question on the application form says :Do you have any children whose birth perent is not your partner and i answered -No

And the next question is asking for the applicants perents details that is how i read the question.

Any one correct me im wrong.thanks

icebat
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by icebat » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:16 pm

That's exactly how I read that question too. I will email this evening and will let you know if I receive any answer.

K187

Post by K187 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:44 pm

icebat wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:16 pm
That's exactly how I read that question too. I will email this evening and will let you know if I receive any answer.
I would wait a bit before you send an email this evening i don't think you made a mistake it is clearly asking you for details of your parents.

dexmo
United Kingdom

Post by dexmo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:07 am

icebat wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:16 pm
You read it right. The two questions are unrelated. You're asked if you've got any children whose parent is not your current partner/spouse and separately you're then asked to provide details for your own parents.

MYA

Post by MYA » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:19 am

Correct
Both questions has no link to each other , you don’t need to write covering letter or anything, stay safe.

icebat
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by icebat » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:28 pm

Amazing, thank you all.

icebat
Newly Registered
Italy

Email from caseworker

Post by icebat » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:05 pm

Hello,

I applied online for myself and my minor children on 16/5/2021. On 19/8/2021 I received the following email from HO:
Dear [my name]

Ref: [my reference]

Thank you for your application for British Citizenship. We need further information to enable us to consider your application. Please send all the documents listed below to the following address:
nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk

If you do not send this information by 03 September 2021 your application may be refused. Please include your name and our reference number in any correspondence to us.

Evidence of residence in the United Kingdom for both [Child 1] and [Child 2]
Provide evidence of residence in the UK from 16 May 2019 to present date
Below is a list of the type of evidence that can show you were living in the UK.

Letters from schools, colleges, universities or other public or private establishments confirming the dates enrolled on a course of study or vocational training and the dates of attendance.

Your personal details

Please note if this application is successful, the certificate of British Citizenship will show the following details:

[Correct details for the three of us]

If you need to notify us of a change of address or a change of circumstances, please also do so in writing. Please either send a letter or email nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk. Make sure any correspondence includes your Home Office reference number.

Contacting us
You can find details of how to contact us on our website at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi.

When contacting us via email, please ensure the subject field contains your Home Office reference number, your surname and the name of the person dealing with your application if you know it.

Yours sincerely

[Caseworker name]
Casework Team 2
UK Visas and Immigration
In order to expedite the process, and because schools are still closed, I replied the same evening with official end of year reports for the school years since 2019, exam results (GCSE and BTEC) and extensive NHS medical/dental records that attest to my children's presence in the country. I received an automatic acknowledgment of my email.

I have two questions now:
  • does the documentation seem sufficient?
  • is there any way to project what a timeline from here might look like?
I suspect the answer to the second question will be "no", but it's worth asking.

Thank you in advance for your wisdom :)