ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents 5 yr Famliy visa expiring Feb 2022

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Parents 5 yr Famliy visa expiring Feb 2022

Post by ksadoc » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:45 pm

Hi All,

We are British nationals and my Indian parents retiring from UAE are due to leave. But since India in Red list, we are not comfortable to send them to India.
Obviously, we have asked them to come here, but until Feb 2020 when their visa expires.
My question is:
1. Will they be able to extend their visa from inside UK as the initial visa was issued 5 yrs previously from within UAE. They have regularly visited UK every yr until the pandemic. or
2. would you advise them to apply for visa while they are in UAE now (07 months left for visa expiring)? If so what kind of visa ?Family visa.
Please advise.
Regards

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: Parents 5 yr Famliy visa expiring Feb 2022

Post by iwolga » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:06 pm

Visit visas shall only be used for what they are called for: visits. Your parents shall not be staying more than 6 months in the UK. Extension of visit visas from within the UK isn’t possible in general (exclusions apply but it doesn’t seem that your partners will qualify for them).

When are they finishing their jobs in UAE? I would be applying and getting visas and then resigning. Otherwise they are risking “no ties to home country” refusal. Essentially, if they quit their jobs/retire, it’ll be super difficult to prove that they have reasons to return to their home country (since they were living outside of India for some time already).

How long do you want your parents to stay with you? Hopefully in half years time the situation in India becomes better

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Re: Parents 5 yr Famliy visa expiring Feb 2022

Post by ksadoc » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Thank you very much. They intend to stay 6 months n then return. Yes, I was thinking of same, they can apply from UAE another 5 yrs visa before they travel.