ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application with IN10

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AquaMan
Newly Registered
India

ILR Application with IN10

Post by AquaMan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:49 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 2 and due to apply for ILR in July 2021. Unfortunately I received a IN10 for not having insurance for business commute ( took it out as I was working from home and forgot to put it back on). I read there is a ban for 2 years on ILR if one gets IN10 is this true?

IN10 was given to me by the police who pulled me over and not through the court. Does that make any difference?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application with IN10

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:03 pm

Driving without insurance is NOT a recordable offence and does not lead to a criminal record so it has no effect on ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AquaMan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AquaMan » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:28 am

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your reply that does give me a bit of relief and also I got a DBS check which showed nothing about this being recorded on my file.

I have in total 9 points on my license ( 3 for speeding and 6 for IN10). Speaking to a lawyer I have been told that there is a chance that my ILR application can be rejected and be given further leave instead based on the good character clause. Please let me know your thoughts on this one.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:51 pm

There is nothing in the rules that leads to refusal based on points on your driving license. Only serious offences affect ILR

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AquaMan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AquaMan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:27 pm

ILR has been approved now. Thanks for all your support
Just wanted to update the thread with the outcome of my application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:44 pm

AquaMan wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:27 pm
ILR has been approved now. Thanks for all your support
Just wanted to update the thread with the outcome of my application.
Congratulations