ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is current visa still valid when the new visa is granted

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teddy_bear
Newly Registered
New Zealand

is current visa still valid when the new visa is granted

Post by teddy_bear » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi

I am currently working with Tier 2 visa and I got a new job. So I need to apply new Tier 2 visa (now called skill worker visa). We agreed to start the new job in Oct. If I apply the visa now and the visa is granted earlier (e.g. in August), what will happen to my current Tier 2 visa? I need to continue working at my current company till end of September so I am worried that my current visa is curtailed before end of Sept (if the new visa is granted before end of Sept).

How does it normally work (between current visa and new visa)?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: is current visa still valid when the new visa is granted

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:37 pm

Your current visa will be cancelled immediately when a new visa is granted. You cannot hold two visas at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

teddy_bear
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by teddy_bear » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:46 am

Thanks for reply. Just to clarify that the start date on COS is later (e.g. 1 Oct), but the new visa is issued before 1 Oct. In that case, I still can continue working at the current work till 30 Sept? Am I right? Because I cannot start working at the new work before 1 Oct.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:07 am

No, you can't work for your current sponsor when a new sponsor visa has been granted.

Apply for your new visa nearer the time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.