ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt over asking to return passport!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vv129
Newly Registered

Doubt over asking to return passport!

Post by vv129 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:30 am

Hello Everybody

I was browsing through the home office web site and came across a procedure through which we can ask the home office to return the passport in some urgent situations. Does asking to return the passport means we are withdrawing the application? or is it that the application remains under processing while we can have our passport back?
Kindly clear my doubt !

vv

grant1
Member of Standing

Re: Doubt over asking to return passport!

Post by grant1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:33 am

vv129 wrote:Hello Everybody

I was browsing through the home office web site and came across a procedure through which we can ask the home office to return the passport in some urgent situations. Does asking to return the passport means we are withdrawing the application? or is it that the application remains under processing while we can have our passport back?
Kindly clear my doubt !

vv
paste the link, which u came across on the HO website. only then someone can explain that to u

vv129
Newly Registered

Post by vv129 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:30 am

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:37 am

I believe your application is forfeited if you request the return of your passport. This question has been asked (and answered) previously so use the search function to find it.

vinkhub1

Re: Doubt over asking to return passport!

Post by vinkhub1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:43 pm

vv129 wrote:Hello Everybody

Kindly clear my doubt !

vv
Recently, I had sent the same question to VFS.North. This is what they replied -

"With regard to your query, please be informed that incase of withdrawal of your passport, you need to visit the application center in person and place a request by giving a requisition letter. However, the discretion is up to the British Embassy whether the visa process will continue further and as to within how many days the passport would be returned to you."

Don't think this is very helpful. Anyone with first hand experience?