ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required - please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Documents required - please help

Post by repeatcell » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:47 pm

Hi all,

Me, my wife, and our two children, we all obtained ILR in June 2020 (all non-EEA nationals). All of us are now applying for UK citizenship and I have a few doubts regarding the questions asked in the online application and the documents that need to be submitted. I would really appreciate if someone could confirm whether the documents I am planning to submit are the right ones or whether I need to submit any additional documents.
1. Are you able to provide a BRP card with this application? - sorry for this stupid question but is an ILR card also considered a BRP card?

2. Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on AN form? – would that be a ‘yes’?

3. What can be provided as proof of parental responsibility for your children? Any other document required other than the child’s birth certificate! We are their biological parents and they stay with us.

4. What is a letter of consent from children’s parents? Does anyone have a template that they could provide?

5. Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions. – I plan to submit our passports and ILR card.

6. What documents are required as proof of living in the UK. Bank statements and household bills that seemed to work for an ILR application are no longer acceptable.

7. Do we need to send passports at this stage? At one place, it says passports provided should be original, at another that don’t send anything unless advised.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents required - please help

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:07 pm

None of these are trick questions.

1. Yes, your ilr cards are brp cards!

2. Correct.

3. Just birth cert.

4. There is no template, just write a brief normal letter with the child details etc.

5. It is your ilr, not your passport

6. Passports only, biometric pages and all stamped pages. Nothi g else is required

It is the same process uploading through ukcvas before your biometric appointment as you did for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:07 pm
None of these are trick questions.

1. Yes, your ilr cards are brp cards!

2. Correct.

3. Just birth cert.

4. There is no template, just write a brief normal letter with the child details etc.

5. It is your ilr, not your passport

6. Passports only, biometric pages and all stamped pages. Nothi g else is required

It is the same process uploading through ukcvas before your biometric appointment as you did for ilr.
Thank you so much CR001, that's very helpful, and much appreciated!

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:29 pm

I have a few more questions regarding my application -

Regarding the referees, I work in a university and a lecturer there agreed to give me a reference. I hope this is acceptable for a professional referee? If yes, how do I write this referee is known to the applicant? Would it be better to write ‘professional capacity' or just as a ‘colleague’?

I haven’t been able to get referees for my child and I plan to include adult referees here. I read in some of the other posts that I can mention this in the cover letter. So, is it better to include this information at the end of the online form where you can add more information or should this be uploaded later on through the UKVCAS website?

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? - I received my ILR last year. SO, should this be a Yes or a NO?

Thank you!

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:16 pm

Can anyone please answer this? - I plan to submit my application today so will be grateful !

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? - I applied for and received my ILR last year. SO, should this be a Yes or a NO? Is ILR considered an immigration application?

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:27 pm

Related to this, would my previous Tier 2 (G) applications be also considered immigration applications? What if I don't exactly remember the dates of appointments, fingerprints etc?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:34 pm

repeatcell wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:27 pm
Related to this, would my previous Tier 2 (G) applications be also considered immigration applications? What if I don't exactly remember the dates of appointments, fingerprints etc?
All applications to Home Office UKVI are immigration application - so yes declare, give as much details as you got/remember. Dates are optional I believe.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:13 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:34 pm
repeatcell wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:27 pm
All applications to Home Office UKVI are immigration application - so yes declare, give as much details as you got/remember. Dates are optional I believe.
Thank you so much for your reply. I also applied for a visitor visa before applying for a Tier 2 (G) visa - I guess that is not an immigration application so does not need to be mentioned?

Also, I have a doubt regarding the enter your reference number - for previous immigration applications. It appears to me that they are asking for the reference number of the application. But I read in another post that the BRP number needs to be provided - wouldn't the unique application number that is given at the time of submission of a Tier 2/ILR application needs to be provided here?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:45 pm

Any visa application to UKVI is an immigration application, whether visitor or work.
I suppose you could state either or both reference numbers.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:31 pm

Thank you for your reply.

One last question, it is mentioned on the website that you must have been in the UK exactly 5 years before the HO receives your application. I travelled outside the UK on 10th July 2016 for a month. Would my naturalization application now be considered ineligible if I submit it say Monday 5th July 2021 which is very close to 10th July?

Also, if someone knows what purpose this rule serves, I would be keen to know. Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:44 pm

The rule is specified in the British Nationality Act and therefore is a statutory requirement. Applicants have been refused on this point and loosing their fees - though occasionally UKVI will allow a "re-declaration" which I believe is under discretion. As long as you avoid 10th July, or other days you have been away, you will be ok.

The rule was explained to me some years ago when I submitted my own application but I don't remember exactly - to do with people timing their maximum allowances of absences for the residency period and not being in the UK for the start of the residency. But maybe someone has the full background.

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:11 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:44 pm
The rule is specified in the British Nationality Act and therefore is a statutory requirement. Applicants have been refused on this point and loosing their fees - though occasionally UKVI will allow a "re-declaration" which I believe is under discretion. As long as you avoid 10th July, or other days you have been away, you will be ok.

The rule was explained to me some years ago when I submitted my own application but I don't remember exactly - to do with people timing their maximum allowances of absences for the residency period and not being in the UK for the start of the residency. But maybe someone has the full background.
Thank you alterhase58 for all your help and replies. I'll make sure I submit my application before 10th July.

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:46 am

I have been trying to make a payment towards my application since this morning - tried 3 different cards but all have been declined - I don't actually see the page where it says it is declined but the page where you have to choose which card you are going to use appears - so I'm guessing it is declined.

Has anyone experienced this? Or I was wondering if the payments can only be made during the week - and not the weekends?

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:45 pm

repeatcell wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:46 am
I have been trying to make a payment towards my application since this morning - tried 3 different cards but all have been declined - I don't actually see the page where it says it is declined but the page where you have to choose which card you are going to use appears - so I'm guessing it is declined.

Has anyone experienced this? Or I was wondering if the payments can only be made during the week - and not the weekends?
I tried again after a couple of hours and there was a message saying there is a problem with your payment details, please try again! - voila, it worked this time :)