ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional information and priority service timeline when additional info requested for dependent skilled worker visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neilin
India

Additional information and priority service timeline when additional info requested for dependent skilled worker visa

Post by neilin » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:24 am

Hi,

Recently we applied for extension of our PBS dependent visa (myself +2 children) under priority service (5 day) and given biometric on 19 June. We got email on 23 june for submitting additional documentation for proving cohabitation with my wife for last two years. We have sent those as well.

Question is does priority service timeline (5 day) will still be applicable from date of submitting additional requested document? Or now they can treat it like a standard application.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Neilin

cjohnson
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Additional information and priority service timeline when additional info requested for dependent skilled worker vis

Post by cjohnson » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:01 am

Have they refunded your priority service fee? If not, I would assume that they will still process under priority service standards.

neilin
India

Re: Additional information and priority service timeline when additional info requested for dependent skilled worker vis

Post by neilin » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:09 pm

Thanks cjohnson, I am not aware about any refund since it was filed by immigration advisor appointed by wife's employer.
Is there any official link which highlights that they still process under priority service in such a situation

Thanks

cjohnson
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cjohnson » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:29 pm

Hi,The guidance on this is really loose and is ultimately down to caseload. Your application in theory should be placed at the front of the queue for every decision that needs to be made at the various stages of review - Home Office will try and process ASAP/honour the priority fee but it is never guaranteed.

If you applied for a priority or super priority visa and your application is not straightforward, you may have to wait longer, but your application will still be put at the front of the queue at every stage of the decision-making process. (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decisi ... -uk#faster)

When did you send the rest of your documentation in? And did their correspondence with you highlight processing times?

All best

neilin
India

Post by neilin » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:51 am

Thanks again cjohnson for sending me the link.
We have shared the docs day before yesterday i.e. on 29 June.

Need to check with immigration advisor if he had received any info about processing timeline

Thanks

neilin
India

Post by neilin » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:38 pm

Just an update - got approval confirmation this afternoon.
So, which means they followed the priority service timeline

Thanks again

theconsultant
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theconsultant » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:12 pm

Could you please share the homeoffice email address you sent the additional documents to?

neilin
India

Post by neilin » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:23 am

I don't have the email id, all communication was on immigration advisor's emailid
Also when they ask for additional info they also mention about in which email id they want document to be sent