ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M online application query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hp2
United Kingdom

FLR M

Post by hp2 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:28 pm

Hi all,

I have a query regarding an application for an extension of FLR M.

1. shall we use the same Naric certificate (English Requirement) that we applied for 1st-time FLR M application? or should I get a new one again with a recent dated?

2. Should I give a cover letter along with the application or just the required documents are enough to submit?

3. Also, are the application and the processes are the same as before as we applied in 2018? anything should I aware of of the applying online? kindly suggests the steps, please?

Kind Regards,

hp

hp2
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M

Post by hp2 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:50 pm

On top of that:

my current visa (FLR M) expires on 31 JULY 2021, when should I apply for the extension?

I have to be 5 years on the spouse in order to go for ILR? just wondering how they calculating the months as we will be applying a month before for the extensions know?

Thanks

Edwardo
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Edwardo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:30 am

We are about to file ours right now.
1. Not sure but t must meet or exceed the level they need.
2. There are many declarations to complete - the source of funds, that the home you live in is owned or rented properly etc.

The process is a little easier than before as most questions are typical of any visa application but at the end you still need to upload many, many documents.

The one I could see catches people out is they ask for a solid paper trail of official correspondence to your address throughout the last 2 years. Depending on how many papers you have in joint names, you need to send others too. (It could be at least 12 pieces if none in joint names) AND that includes the sponsor. Fortunately, I found some old car insurance policies and bank letters in a box!

Where it is less stressful is once you pay all the fees online, you arrange a biometrics appointment and get time then to scan (or snap) your documents above to upload. (Has to be done within 48 hours of the appointment or you can pay£51 for them to scan and upload at the appointment)

You do not need to worry if the biometrics appointment is many weeks later.

The documents MUST all be dated before the online application is paid for though.

** You cannot apply more than 28 days before expiry ***

hp2
United Kingdom

FLR M final Extension - Naric Certificate

Post by hp2 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:44 am

Hi all,

1. shall we use the same Naric certificate (English Requirement) that we applied for 1st-time FLR M application? which was granted or should I get a new one again with a recent dated?

2. Should I give a cover letter along with the application or just the required documents are enough to submit?

3. Also, are the application and the processes are the same as before as we applied in 2018? anything should I aware of of the applying online? kindly suggests the steps, please?

On top of that:

my current visa (FLR M) expires on 31 JULY 2021, when should I apply for the extension?

I have to be 5 years on the spouse in order to go for ILR? just wondering how are they calculating the months as we will be applying a month before for the extensions know?

And Finally, shall I apply on 09/072021 as my visa expires by 31/07/2021 ??

Thanks

hp2
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M final Extension - Naric Certificate

Post by hp2 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:07 pm

anyone reply to this please???
hp2 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:44 am
Hi all,

1. shall we use the same Naric certificate (English Requirement) that we applied for 1st-time FLR M application? which was granted or should I get a new one again with a recent dated?

On top of that:

I have to be 5 years on the spouse in order to go for ILR? just wondering how are they calculating the months as we will be applying a month before for the extensions know?

And Finally, shall I apply on 09/072021 as my visa expires by 31/07/2021 ??

Thanks

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:52 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:30 am
2. There are many declarations to complete - the source of funds, that the home you live in is owned or rented properly etc.

The process is a little easier than before as most questions are typical of any visa application but at the end you still need to upload many, many documents.

The one I could see catches people out is they ask for a solid paper trail of official correspondence to your address throughout the last 2 years. Depending on how many papers you have in joint names, you need to send others too. (It could be at least 12 pieces if none in joint names) AND that includes the sponsor. Fortunately, I found some old car insurance policies and bank letters in a box!

Where it is less stressful is once you pay all the fees online, you arrange a biometrics appointment and get time then to scan (or snap) your documents above to upload. (Has to be done within 48 hours of the appointment or you can pay£51 for them to scan and upload at the appointment)

The documents MUST all be dated before the online application is paid for though.

Thanks for your insights!

Should we maintain any funds in our bank account or showing a letter from the (Sponsor- My husband) is enough from his employer?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:58 pm

hp2 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:52 pm
Edwardo wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:30 am

Thanks for your insights!

Should we maintain any funds in our bank account or showing a letter from the (Sponsor- My husband) is enough from his employer?
The spouse visa process or application do not take into consideration bank account balance. Attention is to corroborating the income from employer not what your closing balance is.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:15 pm

Thanks for this!

Also, can I take the print off the letter from the Email that HR sent? as they could not send a hard copy as people working from home. but that is the original letterhead and signed from HR of the company.
HR said that this should be fine?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:20 pm

hp2 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:15 pm
Thanks for this!

Also, can I take the print off the letter from the Email that HR sent? as they could not send a hard copy as people working from home. but that is the original letterhead and signed from HR of the company.
HR said that this should be fine?
Yes, the print will suffice for the purpose so far its correct format and contains all required details.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:04 am

Thank you!

Also, Shall I use the same Naric certificate that I have used for my 1st FLR M application? Is there any time valid for this?

So confirming on the Bank source, spouse or either me no need to shows of bank balance whereas the employer letter is enough contains all the requirements?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:17 am

hp2 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:04 am
Thank you!

Also, Shall I use the same Naric certificate that I have used for my 1st FLR M application? Is there any time valid for this?

So confirming on the Bank source, spouse or either me no need to shows of bank balance whereas the employer letter is enough contains all the requirements?

1. Yes, you can reuse it.
2. No. You only need to ensure your payslips matches your bank statements.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:45 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:17 am
hp2 wrote:
Thank you!

Hi there,

Shall I upload the bank statements and other documents as a PDF as I do not have the paper copy. payslips all in digital - can I use the online e-copy of my payslips as my employer stopped sending paper copies of the payslips?

Also, Visa expires on 31/July/2021. shall I apply anytime now after 03/July/2021. - how do they calculate for 5 years for ILR as we will be applying like month before? is that still ok?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:00 pm

hp2 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:45 pm
TODMATT wrote:
hp2 wrote:
Thank you!

Hi there,

Shall I upload the bank statements and other documents as a PDF as I do not have the paper copy. Yes payslips all in digital - can I use the online e-copy of my payslips as my employer stopped sending paper copies of the payslips? Yes so far contain all required details and in acceptable format

Also, Visa expires on 31/July/2021. shall I apply anytime now after 03/July/2021. - how do they calculate for 5 years for ILR as we will be applying like month before? is that still ok? If entry is through spouse visa then eligibility for ILR is from 5yrs - 28days from the date of entry into UK.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:51 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:00 pm
hp2 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:45 pm
TODMATT wrote:
hp2 wrote:
Thank you!

Hi there,

Shall I upload the bank statements and other documents as a PDF as I do not have the paper copy. Yes payslips all in digital - can I use the online e-copy of my payslips as my employer stopped sending paper copies of the payslips? Yes so far contain all required details and in acceptable format

Also, Visa expires on 31/July/2021. shall I apply anytime now after 03/July/2021. - how do they calculate for 5 years for ILR as we will be applying like month before? is that still ok? If entry is through spouse visa then eligibility for ILR is from 5yrs - 28days from the date of entry into UK.
OK, my visa expires by 31/07/2021. so shall I start doing my appliation apply by 5th/07/2021?

Also, I came to the UK in July 2015 on tier 2 dependant visa. when shall I apply for my ILR after the 5 years route?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:58 pm

You need 5 years in FLR M before you can apply for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:58 pm
Thank you! got you!

so each time HO gives 31 months for each extension of FLR(M) right?

can you please confirm that shall I apply on 5th July 2021 as the current FLR M expires on 31 July 2021 of this month?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:56 pm

hp2 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thank you! got you!

can you please confirm that shall I apply on 5th July 2021 as the current FLR M expires on 31 July 2021 of this month?
When was your first FLRM issued?

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:03 pm

my first FLR M - 03 Jan 2019

Sorry, I am still not clear on the submission of the supporting documents - shall I use online bank statements and payslips saved as a PDF from banks and the employer?

Also, I was out of the country for 7 months during this COVID pandamic? would this be an issue? where we can show up our flight tickets and all that?

Importantly, how long can I be out of the (UK) country on this FLR M and applying for the ILR later?

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:04 pm

https://auth.ukvcas.co.uk/Account/NoLog ... RROR%20404

Looks having issues accessing the UKCAS?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:40 pm

hp2 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:04 pm

Try here.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:46 pm

still not working though?!!

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:46 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:40 pm
hp2 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:04 pm

Try here.

NOT working still :(

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:48 pm

The issue may be with your browser or device.

Try another.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:48 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:56 pm
hp2 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thank you! got you!

When was your first FLRM issued?

1st issued was 03/01/2019 till 31/07/2021 - when can I apply for further FLRM extension and I should be safer side for applying ILR after this?

Note: I was on Tier 2 dependent visa since entering to the UK on June 2015

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:54 pm

You an apply now for FLR M.

You cannot apply for ilr until 2024, once you have 5 years in FLR M visa.

Your tier 2 dependent time is irrelevant for 5 years ilr based on a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.