ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wait hard

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iceman809
Taiwan

Wait hard

Post by iceman809 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:18 pm

I have a question that I want to get a response from the seniors on the road to naturalization. Is there a difference in the approval time required for applying for naturalization for myself when applying for naturalization and using Immigration lawyer to apply for naturalization for myself? Because so far I only participated in biometric and my application number other there isn't news. I have entered the sixth month from Immigration payment successful to today. What should I do next? Thank you very much for looking forward to your help :oops: :oops:

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Wait hard

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:04 am

There are no indications that applications through lawyers are faster than if applying yourself - it is still the same application.
You may wish to chase your lawyer or perhaps email UKVI direct with your details: NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

iceman809
Taiwan

Post by iceman809 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:41 am

Thank you very much for alterhase58's reply. Can I contact UKVI in person by email to ask about my naturalization progress, instead of sending the email through my lawyer? :wink:

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:50 am

If you have the application reference number I think it shouldn't be an issue - after all you are the applicant. If not you could still try but probably best to get the reference number from the lawyer - which he should have provided to you anyway. Unless the lawyer's fee included follow-up chasers they may charge you extra for sending an email/letter or phone.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

iceman809
Taiwan

Post by iceman809 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:27 pm

So the question is, when can I send an email to HO to ask whether my naturalization progress is after the six-month waiting journey or now? Another question is that the reference number is generated after payment successful in the naturalization application,or is the biometric ' Unique application number' Which number should I provide when consulting with HO?I hope seniors will advise thank you :?: :?:

iceman809
Taiwan

Post by iceman809 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 pm

Sorry for the forgotten question, because the email address left in the application is the lawyer's email. If I ask HO about my naturalization progress through my own email, will the HO respond to an email that is different from the one when I applied for naturalization. And will it affect the result of naturalization? :?:

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:44 pm

iceman809 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:27 pm
So the question is, when can I send an email to HO to ask whether my naturalization progress is after the six-month waiting journey or now? Another question is that the reference number is generated after payment successful in the naturalization application,or is the biometric ' Unique application number' Which number should I provide when consulting with HO?I hope seniors will advise thank you :?: :?:
If you waited 6 months already then email now. Your UAN - not the payment reference, or quote both.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:46 pm

iceman809 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 pm
Sorry for the forgotten question, because the email address left in the application is the lawyer's email. If I ask HO about my naturalization progress through my own email, will the HO respond to an email that is different from the one when I applied for naturalization. And will it affect the result of naturalization? :?:
You are overthinking.
You are the applicant, not the lawyer - why should it affect the outcome? The lawyer is your agent, that's all, and he should communicate anything he might have had received. You can ask about your application - you paid the money after all.

iceman809
Taiwan

Post by iceman809 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:50 pm

But the email address left in the initial application is the lawyer's email. If I ask HO about my naturalization progress through my own email, will the HO respond to a different email from when I applied for naturalization? :wink:

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:27 pm

They will be responding to the applicant, as you have quoted your reference numbers, name & address. They may still reply to the lawyer or copy him.